Mid Atlantic North East Meet Up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first I'm seeing/reading this thread.

Scheduling something in February in the NE is basically an invitation for a blizzard with 52" of snow. [emoji6] I'm upside down at work, probably till March anyway...

I can work around anything but family vacation and budget season at work.

This is the first I'm seeing/reading this thread.

Scheduling something in February in the NE is basically an invitation for a blizzard with 52" of snow. [emoji6] I'm upside down at work, probably till March anyway...

I can work around anything but family vacation and budget season at work.

I just wonder if the lack of response would be others not seeing it as well.

I just read this. I think that this thread should be moved to general-chit-chat. More people will look at it then.

Split rock is not too far from me. I had attended a micro-brew festival there a number of years ago. It is a very nice venue with a convention center and a hotel (reasonable) attached. No need to drive!

So yeah, I have interest.

Posted this in another thread but wanted to make sure everyone interested saw it.. Here is what I received from Split Rocks Resort for the 23rd of June.

Attachments

• ACCESS_PASS_2017 (1).pdf
    251.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Group Rates.pdf
    411.2 KB · Views: 21
  • property-map (1).pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
I just fond out there is a minimum 2 night stay at Split Rock for the weekend of the wine festival and most of the summer. I can just imagine this will not sit well for mostunless it's a mini vacation. They do offer quite a nice selection of free amenities. I can start looking for something else. Please let me know your thoughts.

I was going to do 2 nights anyway because I wanted to get a round of golf in.

I just fond out there is a minimum 2 night stay at Split Rock for the weekend of the wine festival and most of the summer. I can just imagine this will not sit well for mostunless it's a mini vacation. They do offer quite a nice selection of free amenities. I can start looking for something else. Please let me know your thoughts.

I was going to do 2 nights anyway because I wanted to get a round of golf in.

:(

I copied this response from another thread so noone would miss it.

Tim, besides myself, you're the first to show an interest in the 2 night minimum. We need 10 to get the rate and it appears it's booking up fast. The onsite hotel is already booked so only the lodge is available. So you went to last years event, how was it and how were the wines?

If folks could at least give me a yeah or nah it would help me know if it were worth persuing any further.

Regardless of how many people elect to participate it looks like a nice getaway weekend so we are signed up. I did not attend last year, but the web page for this year's event lists the wine, food and craft vendors from the 2017 event. If anyone else is going we would be glad to meet up at some point. If not, I'm sure it will be a good time.

Agreed. This sounds like a nice weekend for me my honey regardless. Typically we head downashore on wknds throughout the summer. This would be a nice change of pace.
And if everyone gets together to meet or have dinner or exchange bottles etc it would be fantastic. ... and if I squeezed in a round of golf with my man Fred even better! They’re calling for 75° and sunny on 6/23-24. (Trying to radiate some positive vibes!)

Agreed. This sounds like a nice weekend for me my honey regardless. Typically we head downashore on wknds throughout the summer. This would be a nice change of pace.
And if everyone gets together to meet or have dinner or exchange bottles etc it would be fantastic. ... and if I squeezed in a round of golf with my man Fred even better! They’re calling for 75° and sunny on 6/23-24. (Trying to radiate some positive vibes!)

Kudos to you, I'm going to go ahead and book the rooms. Wonder how many other golfer we will have. Looks like a tight course.

Screw it. Count me in 100%. I played split rock a few years ago on a bachelor party weekend at lake harmony. They have 27 holes and give options which 18 to play I believe. Beautiful course. Not overly tight. Tho we played the cheaper and slightly less difficult course option.

Me and my wonderful lady will be attending for the 2 nights. However I gave up golf many years ago and will probably find a nice hiking trail or two instead. But will participate in all other activities.

Not sure if this is the correct way to do this. Everyone mentioned responded with somewhat of an interest. @tjgaul, @jgmann67, @JohnT, @geek, @Ajmassa5983, @pgentile, @Boatboy24, @heatherd, @ceeaton, @bkisel, @TomC,@joeswine,@Elizajean. @tjgaul already reserved his room, @Ajmassa5983 and @pgentile are confirmed going. @JohnT, @bkisel and @geek were goes if one night but I'm not sure about now. @Boatboy24 just can't commit as of now. Of course this invite is for anyone not just those listed. I really want to get these rooms booked and if I could get a few more commitments I will go ahead with it. Yhanks in advance.

Not sure if this is the correct way to do this. Everyone mentioned responded with somewhat of an interest. @tjgaul, @jgmann67, @JohnT, @geek, @Ajmassa5983, @pgentile, @Boatboy24, @heatherd, @ceeaton, @bkisel, @TomC,@joeswine,@Elizajean. @tjgaul already reserved his room, @Ajmassa5983 and @pgentile are confirmed going. @JohnT, @bkisel and @geek were goes if one night but I'm not sure about now. @Boatboy24 just can't commit as of now. Of course this invite is for anyone not just those listed. I really want to get these rooms booked and if I could get a few more commitments I will go ahead with it. Yhanks in advance.
I will attend for two nights with my husband and daughter.

Fred, you mentioned the weekend of June 23, right?

If I could do this then Friday the 22 until Sunday the 24 to get the 2 nights.
We have a family vacation trip in April, out of the country.

In June, my wife and I have a very likely and possible trip out of the country again but I think we will be back on June 16, so I will be back home the weekend prior to this meetup.

Based on the rates you got at $168.40/night, we're looking at $336.80 with all taxes and fees included, plus meals.

I will discuss this with my wife to see if we can budget for this meetup.

Latest posts

Back