Mid Atlantic North East Meet Up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s funny. I’ve got a handful of nice commercial wines saved. But the ones I’m looking forward to the most isnt even debatable—Which would be the bottles of wine made by and given to me by my buddies of course. Thinking a Gentile or Black bottle tonight is on the menu!
Don't forget mine is only 7months old. I would do the Gentile

Ah yes. I forgot. Fred - im bummed I missed Saturday. But glad I made Sunday. And can’t wait to do something like that again. You can count me in for whatever we decide to do in the future.
I'm bummed we had to leave early Sunday and couldn't meet you and your wife. We do need to do this again at some point, maybe next year at the same place. We met people when we "lined up" that had been going for 20+ years. Wonderful people that really helped us plan the day (and which food vendors to visit first).

I feel lucky to have been there both nights. Hope to see this become an annual event, at Split Rock or otherwise.

Whose wine was the Forza again? Cracked it last night. I made this several years ago and never let any get older than 18 months. How old was this again? The only thing I can say is, nothing lacking, but would love to taste this another year or two down the road. Dark fruit, oak, spice all developing nicely with a pleasant finish. This was better than mine ever got. And wine diamonds to boot.

@ceeaton what food vendors did you get directed to? We tried the crab cake place and one of the barbecue, both were pretty good.

Last edited:
I feel lucky to have been there both nights. Hope to see this become an annual event, at Split Rock or otherwise.

Whose wine was the Forza again? Cracked it last night. I made this several years ago and never let any get older than 18 months. How old was this again? The only thing I can say is, nothing lacking, but would love to taste this another year or two down the road. Dark fruit, oak, spice all developing nicely with a pleasant finish. This was better than mine ever got. And wine diamonds to boot.

@ceeaton what food vendors did you get directed to? We tried the crab cake place and one of the barbecue, both were pretty good.
Unless there was another Forza that was mine. Started 7-24-2015. Only used the RC-212, finished higher than normal (0.994 according to my notes). My wines all come with diamonds for the most part, no extra charge! :) My basement varies between 50-55*F in the winter and 65*F in the summer. Makes for a good diamond harvest.

Boy, I missed this part of the question, must have been a bad day (or maybe good) yesterday. They said the crab was good (that was my dinner), the gyro place was really good (and it was for lunch), and one of the places had some really good brisket, they said, but I didn't try it, I was too full from the gyro.

What's the charge to have the diamonds mounted on a nice gold band?

Paul has me excited to pull the cork on my bottle, but I will show incredible restraint and allow it to age, well maybe a week or two!
If you can afford the nice gold band I'm sure you can afford to mount the diamonds on it. Maybe just wear a nice gold band while drinking the wine with the diamonds?

Thought you folks might like to see my little vineyard. 32 vines in total (lots of varieties), 8 new this year and the rest are in their 2nd year. Just got the trellis up last week. Digging 22 post holes by hand was not enjoyable, but I'm happy with the end result. Next year I should get a partial crop.

Attachments

• Vine-pond.jpg
    Vine-pond.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • vineyard.jpg
    vineyard.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • Vine-row.jpg
    Vine-row.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 19
Thought you folks might like to see my little vineyard. 32 vines in total (lots of varieties), 8 new this year and the rest are in their 2nd year. Just got the trellis up last week. Digging 22 post holes by hand was not enjoyable, but I'm happy with the end result. Next year I should get a partial crop.

Very nice, I'm kind of jealous.

Looking good! Wine tours and tastings starting in 2019 you say?

Looking good! Wine tours and tastings starting in 2019 you say?

Tours available any time, but I think the tastings won't start until at least the spring of 2020. I sure am glad I have lots of kits to carry me over until the harvests begin. Those are always available for tasting!

Next summer I'll be shopping for the crusher and press. Right now I am arming myself for the upcoming battle with the darn Japanese beetles. Nasty chemicals are on order . . . heading to Home Depot after work to pick up a small sprayer. Let the games begin.

Ha! Just ordered it yesterday. I let Steve know that you are a big proponent. Got a batch of Cab Sauv that I am holding off bottling until the AIO arrives. Looking forward to putting it to use. Thanks Fred.

Yep, me and everyone else that owns one. Speaking of Steve, he wants to come to our next meet up.

If it was my Forza, it was roughly 18 months. I concur that this needs to be an annual event.....

Latest posts

Back