Mid Atlantic North East Meet Up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a song that says you can never have too much fun but this was pretty close. Thanks to all the ladies for an especially enjoyable evening. I'm sure Paul is going to post a lot of pics and remember I said some good and some we wish didn't exist. Well I think there will be no good ones.

Had a blast last night, it was great to meet everybody. Great wines too!! I'll post photos tomorrow when I get home. Picked up a few bottles of cab franc today at the festival. Oh and Fred's Norton blend was the star of the show last night for me.

As I said in another post, I think our wines tasted better than the commercial ones, plus we could have as much as we wanted, not a thimble full!

Edit: forgot to say, meeting @pgentile and @tjgaul (and their significant others, having already met @heatherd and @mainshipfred) was pretty special. When someone posts on this forum, if you've met them I think you can discern a bit more about what they are posting. Sometimes we hide subliminal messages in our posts without really realizing it, the experience of having talked in person with a fellow winemaker is so valuable, in my opinion. That's what I really loved about this weekend.

Oh, and Fred, thanks for coming up with the idea and sticking with it. Without your perseverance the get together would have never happened, thanks again!

Last edited:
That was too much fun! Pics or it didn’t happen...
This is the wine that Craig, Fred, Tim, and Paul kindly bestowed upon me. It was great to meet everyone and their better half’s. Thanks and we’ll have to do this again!
Heather, thanks for posting that. I always forget to write down what I give away, that picture is a good record for me!

Got back home about an hour ago from the 1st Annual Fred Black Home Winery Convention. As I said in a previous post we had a blast. We ended up having tastings two nights, only Tim, Nancy, Lori and myself were able to be there both nights. But both nights were a good time.

Lined up some of my tasting selections.

DSC_8257.jpg

The selections from the whole group. Some were for tasting other for trade.

DSC_8260.jpg

DSC_8263.jpg DSC_8268.jpg DSC_8272.jpg DSC_8277.jpg DSC_8283.jpg DSC_8286.jpg DSC_8289.jpg DSC_8290.jpg

More from the 1st night
DSC_8293.jpg
DSC_8294.jpg DSC_8315.jpg DSC_8318.jpg

This next photo shows what was voted as the official Convention hand signal.

DSC_8329.jpg

This what I yielded in trades
DSC_8400.jpg :

This is what I liked most from the festival, bought three bottles, we ended up drinking two on night number two:

DSC_8402.jpg

Start of 2nd night:

DSC_8406.jpg

DSC_8410-1.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_8400.jpg
    DSC_8400.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 9
We ended up drinking and enjoying the brunello as well, but I can't remember who's that was?
That be mine. Done by the book (except sorbate), is 28 months and 2 days old when you tried it. Glad you liked it, @jgmann67's wife likes that one best out of what she's tasted of mine.

I have the same kit to try and extended maceration on in the near future.

Oh, and thanks for all of the wonderful pictures. I didn't take a single one the whole time I was there (probably too inebriated to work the camera built into my phone).

Back