Mid Atlantic North East Meet Up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine once it ends for the night we should be able to discretely taste each other's wines somewhere. If our rooms are all close together we could always draw straws and discretely taste/test wines in that room.

We should try to have a tasting Saturday Night, everyone who is going will be there that night.

My list for tasting:

2017 SA Cab
2017 Sangiovese/Barbera
2017 Sauv Blanc
2017 Cherry
2017 Blueberry
2018 Pear/Pineapple

Last edited:
We should try to have a tasting Saturday Night, everyone who is going will be there that night.

My list for tasting:

2017 SA Cab
2017 Sangiovese/Barbera
2017 Sauv Blanc
2017 Cherry
2017 Blueberry
2018 Pear/Pineapple

Saturday night is what I was thinking as well. That is a lot of wine. If we all bring that much I think we will make a bunch of new friends.

Saturday night is what I was thinking as well. That is a lot of wine. If we all bring that much I think we will make a bunch of new friends.

We can open one, some or all, doesn't matter, but that will be my inventory to select from for the evening.

I can bring a few things as well. Just bottled 2017 fall whites: chenin blanc and sauvignon blanc. If I get my Washington State Pinot bottled this weekend, I can bring that as well. Any idea where we'd be able to gather to do the tasting/meet-up on Saturday evening?

It's legal (remember my wife will be there). But I've been told the full "Craig Experience" requires earplugs, or else you may be temporarily deaf the next morning.

I hope you all have a wonderful time, I was toying with making a southern invasion, but had a conflict, weeklong cruise with the family, New Orleans, Key West, Nassau, Freeport, back to NO.

I can bring a few things as well. Just bottled 2017 fall whites: chenin blanc and sauvignon blanc. If I get my Washington State Pinot bottled this weekend, I can bring that as well. Any idea where we'd be able to gather to do the tasting/meet-up on Saturday evening?

I was thinking PARTY AT HEATHER'S! Or if its a nice day we could bring some lawn chairs and sit by the lake. I'm sure we can figure something out.

Here is the dilema, we have 6 rooms booked and the minimum is 8. Do I call them and let them know? The current rate is $167.00 plus the other fees. I was realy hoping we would have more of an interest. Heather and Tim won't be affected since they booked outside the group but are still in the count. I don't want to make this decision on my own. Please respond quickly.

Here is the dilema, we have 6 rooms booked and the minimum is 8. Do I call them and let them know? The current rate is $167.00 plus the other fees. I was realy hoping we would have more of an interest. Heather and Tim won't be affected since they booked outside the group but are still in the count. I don't want to make this decision on my own. Please respond quickly.

I say contact them. This way if they have others interested in the rooms they can book them. And I guess the question is if you don't contact them and then we get there and those rooms don't get filled do we have to pay for them? And what is the room cost without the group discount? I'm going either way, just curious.

I'm going anyway as well. When I last checked the rate with either an AARP or AAA discount was $167.00 plus the fees and the fees are around $70-80. I thought the initial idea too get together was would spark more interest especially with Heather's recommendation about the festival.

I'm going anyway as well. When I last checked the rate with either an AARP or AAA discount was $167.00 plus the fees and the fees are around $70-80. I thought the initial idea too get together was would spark more interest especially with Heather's recommendation about the festival.

You said 6 rooms booked? 12 people? More would have been better, but it's a start.

Latest posts

Back