Michigan Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post up a thread so we can watch your coffee mead project.
Since last August I'm been posting "XXX in Detail" blogs, which go into detail regarding a batch of wine. I don't do this for all batches; only those where there's something different to make it worth the effort. I've been posting my notes on my site since 1999, and backdated notes (well, as much as I saved) from batches back to 1981.

I hadn't thought about it, but the Coffee Mead is worth an "in Detail" treatment. I'm still deciding exactly what to do -- I considered making it beer strength (~7% ABV) and possibly sparkling it, but the wine will benefit from backsweetening. I'm leaning towards table wine strength (12-14% ABV), adding a bit of vanilla extract, and possibly chocolate. Decisions, decisions, decision .....

Since last August I'm been posting "XXX in Detail" blogs, which go into detail regarding a batch of wine. I don't do this for all batches; only those where there's something different to make it worth the effort. I've been posting my notes on my site since 1999, and backdated notes (well, as much as I saved) from batches back to 1981.

I hadn't thought about it, but the Coffee Mead is worth an "in Detail" treatment. I'm still deciding exactly what to do -- I considered making it beer strength (~7% ABV) and possibly sparkling it, but the wine will benefit from backsweetening. I'm leaning towards table wine strength (12-14% ABV), adding a bit of vanilla extract, and possibly chocolate. Decisions, decisions, decision .....

Ill be interested in watching to see which you decide.

Just stopped in to say hello. Im a rookie to wine but not really new to fermentation. I also want to start making beer because it seems like something to do while waiting for my wine to finish. A friend told me i should start making wine and it sounds fun. Ill probably give more away than I'll drink but i do like wine, i just dont have a sophisticated pallet. Apple wine is my favorite but im not a big cider fan. Sour apples are the best and hoping to make some tart apple wine. Had request to make chocolate wine and banana wine. Yeah, fufu stuff lol, and yeah its females requesting all this. Ill probably get some granny smith apples to get started and going to try banana wine also since they are inexpensive.

Always open to suggestions.

So...

Hello! and hopefully this will be cool.
This is a good place to ask questions. Good ideas too. Welcome aboard!

I hear that. Why do all the work for just 1 gallon lol. I was just going to make regular old tea from tea leaves and ferment it.

Sassafras wine sounds interesting. Get the impression you are very ambitious at making wine. I appreciate your enthusiasm. Wont be long and there will be fresh fruit everywhere.
I'm growing tong ho chrysanthemums this year for tea....oh yeah, and wine. Almost the entire plant is edible.

I'm excited about the sassafras. Love the tea and the jelly I make is one of my favorites.

Ambitious? Okay, we'll leave it at that. (Other words come to mind.) Yes, I'm looking forward to the fresh fruit......and flowers.......and vegetables!

Latest posts

Back