Michigan Cab Franc Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellar Vader

Reaction score
I am considering my first attempt at making wine from grapes, after now having a dozen kits under my belt.
I have been "in love" with Cab Franc for some time now, and living in Michigan, I would think I could get fresh grapes from one of the wineries in the Traverse City area.
Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge of from where I could get some this coming fall, 2019?
Incidentally, we would plan to drive there to pick them up ourselves UNLESS there might be a reliable/cost-effective shipping option.
Any and all input would be greatly appreciated!

I recently went to Paw Paw and there are quite a few wineries around there that might sell. IIRC, Taylor Ridge vineyards in Allegan sells grapes (and juice) including Cab Franc.

Try lemon Creek winery in St Joseph.

I'm sure someone will correct me, but I had thought that the Traverse City area was more known for Riesling than cab franc? I've had really good cab franc and Pinot noir from southern Michigan.

Try lemon Creek winery in St Joseph.

I'm sure someone will correct me, but I had thought that the Traverse City area was more known for Riesling than cab franc? I've had really good cab franc and Pinot noir from southern Michigan.
Thank you, I’ll try to contact them as well.
And yes, Cab Franc does quite well up in Traverse City. Had one at Black Star Farms that was VERY good, IMHO!

Latest posts

Back