RJ Spagnols Metatartaric Acid

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Duk

Reaction score
I'm at day 42, well actaully day 45 on my EP Sauv. Blanc.....I plan to bulk age this until next summer, so I'm gonna skip the bottling and now rack into another carboy....

Should I add the metatartaric acid now.

How about anymore K-meta, or shouldI wait 3-4 months on that when I rack it again....

every three months for the K-meta..

did the acid come in the kit? What do the instructions say..?

I've only made kit reds and the summer breeze ones.. no acid in those kits.

Allie

Well It says to add the acid at bottling time, but since I plan to age it for 8 monthys in the carboy, then bottle, I'm not sure to add it now or wait....None of the wine kit directions I have done to date have had instructions for bulk aging, specifically.....

As far as the K-meta goes every 3 months, is that the same thing as Sulphite (Package #2a in my kit), that I added on the Stabilization step... If so, should I wait 3 months since I've already added some???

No not the same a Sorbate.
Add 1/4 tsp of k-meta every 90 days

yes it's the sulphite.. you added it at the stabilisation stage with the sorbate.. you don't need any more sorbate.. you will need to add sulphite again in 3 months time.

If it were my wine ( which it isn't! hehehe)

I would add the acid now. You are making a sauv blanc which isn't usually aged much and is an early drinker too.

Allie

add the matatartic acid now. It is important to prepare it through the procedure. Dont add any more sorbate content in case you need to give it a good flavour.

Latest posts

Back