Met up with one of our own

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, meeting up with you was truly enjoyable. Thank you for being so welcoming. I really crowbarred this meet in on a Sunday afternoon and I’m glad I did. I left my phone in the truck and had no idea how much time had passed.
I had actually made my wife nervous. I could also sense I slight annoyance in her tone but when she heard how good of a mood I was in she said she couldn’t help but be happy for me. I’m sure the impromptu wine tasting helped.
I told her “you know when we go to wine tastings and i ask detailed questions? (Probably too detailed) And usually we get some retired guy working part time who doesn’t have a clue and dances around questions? And we leave not really fulfilled?
“Well I got my “fix” today” I said. Shooting the breeze in the wineroom, thieving out multiple samples from different tanks [a JohnT sample is essentially a full glass of wine :) ], talking shop, football, history, family etc.. I could have kept that going for hours. Thanks again John. It was appreciated more than you realize.

Tony,

I Am so glad we could connect up. I get a real charge at meeting someone else who is just as into winemaking than I.

Do me a favor and promise to post pictures of your spring crush.

You'll going to love it AJ. I used mine for the first time this past weekend. Almost makes you feel like a pro with the proper equipment. Can't remember is yours motorized, mine is a manual.

Well as you know, JohnT makes a hella lot of wine. His C/D is very much motorized. Hoping for a nice relaxed crush day now. I didn’t just buy equipment- I bought time. Just gotta slap together a chute by the wknd.
I never doubted that I would eventually get one for myself in a few yrs. But I saw an opportunity so I jumped. Being impulsive isn’t always a good thing, but it’s led me deeper into this hobby, which I love.
Sucker is much bigger in person. And she cranks with a 1hp motor. Grapes, fingers, and Neck ties beware!

IMG_1525183377.855656.jpg
Oh and btw Fred, the barrel I’m grabbing is already neutral. The list to get in filled up quick. Pretty sure I’m gonna go for a bigger one to run through fall ‘18 and spring ‘19. Kinda forced to think ahead in this hobby. But I’m gonna need something big the hold the wine before it hits the barrel?? Hmm. I better step up my drinking too.

View attachment 48376
Oh and btw Fred, the barrel I’m grabbing is already neutral. The list to get in filled up quick. Pretty sure I’m gonna go for a bigger one to run through fall ‘18 and spring ‘19. Kinda forced to think ahead in this hobby. But I’m gonna need something big the hold the wine before it hits the barrel?? Hmm. I better step up my drinking too.

If you get a chance could you let me know the rpm of the motor and the pulley sizes? I want to put a motor on mine but can't seem to find the recommended rpm of the crusher rollers.

Back