Messed up Skeeter Pee Racking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

contactme_11

Reaction score
My current 5 gal. batch of skeeter pee I stabalized a little more then a week ago. 5 days ago I mixed in some bentonite and it cleared in about 3 days. Last night I went to rack and back sweeten but my siphon pulled about 1 tb spoon of the bentonite slurry from the bottom into the clear 5 gal. Today I still can't see anything in the carboy, however I don't want any really early dusting when I bottle. So how long do you think I should wait for the small amount of bentonite to settle? Or should I even worry, as this will probably all be drank by labor day?

Leave it sit for the next week. I would think it would be clear by then.

Julie's correct it should settle in a day or two. I'm going to rack my skeeter pee today hopefully, let it sit awhile longer and sweeten then bottle.

Julie did you say you sweetened your S.P. to 1.012?

Julie's correct it should settle in a day or two. I'm going to rack my skeeter pee today hopefully, let it sit awhile longer and sweeten then bottle.

Julie did you say you sweetened your S.P. to 1.012?

This last batch to 1.010 and it seems to taste the best. Other times I sweeten to 1.005.

I seem to like the Pee tart, call me wierd, others have! LOL!

I usually start at 1.100,after its racked I give it a couple weeks, cleared or not and drink it very cold.

I actually addedtannin to the last batch, and it changed the whole tartness mouth feel.

I sweetened a couple glasses and just didnt care for it as much as the dry flavor.

Okay, thats my wierdness for the day LOL

I seem to like the Pee tart, call me wierd, others have! LOL!

I usually start at 1.100,after its racked I give it a couple weeks, cleared or not and drink it very cold.

I actually addedtannin to the last batch, and it changed the whole tartness mouth feel.

I sweetened a couple glasses and just didnt care for it as much as the dry flavor.

Okay, thats my wierdness for the day LOL
Call it diet Skeeter Pee and you can drink twice as much without it going to your hips.

Back