Message from the Grandfather of Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
heard back the other day from Lon dePoppe., the originator of Mosquito Pee. I told him we had a big group on here making his pee. I told him we have tweaked it, changed it, brewed it, drank it bottled it, changed it again, brewed it again, etc.

LOL

I invited him to the forum, I will write him again and ask him to make a guest appearance.

Seems like several threads going now about this Mosquito Pee, kinda hard to keep track of all of them.

Lon, said "keep on keeping on". He said in fact he was just about ready to bottle another 15 gallons he had.

Any of you who have or are making the pee ought to drop him a line. he would be tickled to heare from you.

Keep on peeing.

Troy

Last edited:
Troy / all,
On adding the yeast slurry. What knid do you use? A red wine or white wine slurry

Troy / all,
On adding the yeast slurry. What knid do you use? A red wine or white wine slurry

Hi Tom,

It really doesn't matter. Whatever you have. My slurry is always from a fruit wine but that is because I have a lot of fruit.

Lon dePoppe

Some of you may have noticed a new member, "minnesotamaker" he is listed as a junior member, but is in no way new to winemaking.

Our new member is Lon, he who invented the Skeeter Pee, that has so many of us excited.

If you see him in the forum, take a minute to say hi and introduce yourself. offer him a glass of wine.

He joins us with lots of knowledge, not just on the Pee, but from his years as a home wine maker himself.

Welcome again, LON!.

:pee:pee:pee:pee:pee

Troy

Well I hope he see's THIS.
WELCOME to a great forum. Please let us know more about you.

I have a stuck pee right now, started a new starter a couple 12 hours ago. The new starter is growing and will pitch it in a while. Lon, has popped in a couple threads regarding the Pee, I can only imagine what he thinks to find out how many ways we have tweaked this wonderful recipe!!!

Troy

Thanks for the invitation to join and the welcomes. I hope to learn as much as I can from the vast number of members who frequent the forums.

As for the tweeks...every batch made with a slurry already has your own personal touch to the recipe, so tweeks are written into it. I've always felt that winemaking attracts people who are a little crazy and adventurous anyway, so tweeking is almost a requirement. Skeeter Pee came about as a result of a succession of tweeks... so tweek away! (just be sure to post your successes and failures so that we can all learn from them).

thanks Lon. the batch i have going is you original recipe, but I added three cans of apple raspberry frozen concentrate and am using a starter, it is all Pee, and will always be contributed to you.

Don't now if you were able to see yet, all the threads posted about the Pee, but there are lots of us who are excited about making the skeeter pee!

Troy

Latest posts

Back