Mayhaw Fruit Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I researched a bit on mayhawsa little while back when Martina was trying to find hawthorne berries. mayhaws are the native american variaty of hawthornes witch are native to europe, especially England. Hawthornes have a long association with witchs and witchcraft. Mayhaws live in swampy areas of the south and have resently picked up in popularity for their jelly making abilities. The jelly is suposed to be the best. This leads me to believe that the wine would be awesome as well. There is plenty of info on mayhaws on the net, but unfortunitly not much for mail order on the berries.

Hope the helps with info on mayhaws,
Pete

Hey everyone,

Check out the first page of this thread and there is a picture I found along with a short article. They look like a crabapple to me, but I'm sure they are a total different flavor.

Vinophyte,

Glad to here the wine was a success! Do you have any more recent photos?Edited by: pkcook

you have to get in the swamps to find mayhaws worlds best jelly cant wait for my mayhaws to start bearing

Latest posts

Back