May 2015 Wine of the Month Club

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had added it at the very start, it took a while and a lot of patience but it got there and I'm very happy with it

Had a bottle of my rhubarb wine last night....it's a winner no doubt but unfortunately I only got 5 bottles in total, have to get going again.. Can't wait

Ok...finally got this bottled today!

As soon as I get some labels made I will post pictures. I think it still needs to age a bit, but so far I'm happy with it.

Coffee filtering this tonight. The grapefruit has a lovely flavour, is quite dry, and not too bitter.

I've added a sprinkle of cardamom which I am immediately filtering out, just to add a hint. A touch of acid blend, if you can believe it, and sweetening to close to 1.008. I thought of adding some lemon hot pepper, but it muddles it just a touch too much.

I'll bottle in a week or two, once I'm confident it won't re-ferment. My sorbate is a bit on the old side. This should be ready for summer drinking!!

Bottled!!! I ended up running it through the filter machine before I filtered my cab and rose. It currently tastes...weird. I think it's the over-abundance of k-meta, plus bottle shock right now. I'll crack a bottle in a month or two and let it air out a bit, and see where I'm at!

Latest posts

Back