Other Master Vintner Kits?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm seriously debating buying another Merlot with a tweak of soaking the oak in bourbon and buying another Chardonnay and oaking that up.

And juice buckets are right around the corner.

Every time you all post to this thread, I go out and add a kit to my cart.... Then have to talk myself off the ledge... “I know they are cheap, but you don’t need another one of these” .... “But I can do something different with this one “Wait, if another one shows up, your wife will kill you’... etc... argh! :(

Split it into two 3-gallon batches and turn it into a yeast comparison.

Hmmmmm, pourquoi pas? I don't have 2 three-gallon carboys, but fermenting separately and blending them in a 6-gallon carboy doesn't seem to have any downsides? I was planning to age sur lie with the D47. Anyone know how QA23 is for aging on the lees?

Hmmmmm, pourquoi pas? I don't have 2 three-gallon carboys, but fermenting separately and blending them in a 6-gallon carboy doesn't seem to have any downsides? I was planning to age sur lie with the D47. Anyone know how QA23 is for aging on the lees?
Damn, I was trying to get you to do all the heavy lifting... I only have two 3-gallon carboys, but I'm more than willing to trade any two of my 6-gallon carboys for two 3-gallon.

Chard was delivered Monday and went into the primary last night. Fermentation is starting and looking good. As an aside, Master Vintner will not offer any 2017 LEs this year - they say that sales were not that great. There are still some Chards (and only Chards) left at Midwest - Free Shipping and 15% off with code springup.

Yep, saw that they still have the Chard.

I got mine delivered late last night by UPS and may start it up later today.

Started the Chardonnay.
SG 1.096

The D47 yeast packet seems to be good, on the side it has a date of 12-2018 indicating December this year, so pitched it just now.

I’d have liked some oak chips or cubes in this kit...unfortunately none came with it as previously mentioned in this thread.

Latest posts

Back