Other Master Vintner Kits?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received a mid end kit, their Riesling and am anxious to see how it tastes.

From where did you order this?

Midwest Supply, they had a sale going on with 20% using HOHOHO code, up until last night. Those LE are now REALLY discounted with a base price of $69.98 for the whites (Sauv Blanc and Chardonnay) and $79.98 for the reds (the Cab Sauv is out of stock now, but the Merlot still shows available). So on top of those discounted prices I used the 20% coupon :br

I purchased all four RQ's last year. They're all currently bulk aging. Based upon early samples, and past experience with RQ's I'd recommend going for it, especially for the current price. Shipping to me is only $20 per kit which puts the whites at $110 and the reds at $120. Quite the fair deal on quality 18L kits.

@Brian55

The RJS RQ Merlot, do you recall having a grape skins pack like the Cab Sauv?

@Brian55

The RJS RQ Merlot, do you recall having a grape skins pack like the Cab Sauv?
Yes, they both came with the dried skins like the old En Primeur kits used to include. Sometimes they're hidden underneath the bag of juice.

Yes, they both came with the dried skins like the old En Primeur kits used to include. Sometimes they're hidden underneath the bag of juice.

I should've taken the plunge yesterday and should've ordered the Merlot as well with the coupon, too late now.

I should've taken the plunge yesterday and should've ordered the Merlot as well with the coupon, too late now.
I picked up another Cab, Merlot, and Chard. $235 shipped. They should be here tomorrow.

Bottled my MV LE Merlot last night and it's already tasting good. Can't wait for the 6 month mark. I am very happy with these kits as my 2017 comes to a close and will look forward to next year's offerings.

When did you start that Merlot and can you tell me what came with it aside from the typical.
Yeast type (assume ec-1118), any oak powder or cubes, ho big is the skins pack (dried skins I assume), labels, etc.

Now you're relying on Mr Memory! :)
If I remember right there were 2 oak chip bags, RC-212 yeast, Cheesecloth bag, a 125 gr bag of dried Grape Skins and of course Bentonite, Chitosan, Kieselsol and Potassium Sorbate. No labels.
Master Vintner Cherie Merlot
Primary Fermentation Start: Oct 28, 2017 SG: 1.100
Secondary Fermentation Start: Nov 5, 2017 SG: 1.016
Racked for Stabilizing and Clearing: Nov 11, 2017 SG: 0.996
Filtered and Bottled: Dec 20, 2017
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Now you're relying on Mr Memory! :)
If I remember right there were 2 oak chip bags, RC-212 yeast, Cheesecloth bag, a 125 gr bag of dried Grape Skins and of course Bentonite, Chitosan, Kieselsol and Potassium Sorbate. No labels.
Master Vintner Cherie Merlot
Primary Fermentation Start: Oct 28, 2017 SG: 1.100
Secondary Fermentation Start: Nov 5, 2017 SG: 1.016
Racked for Stabilizing and Clearing: Nov 11, 2017 SG: 0.996
Filtered and Bottled: Dec 20, 2017
Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'm very surprised it didn't bring labels being an LE kit...but I can make my own if I get it ordered.

Thanks, I'm very surprised it didn't bring labels being an LE kit...but I can make my own if I get it ordered.
They couldn't include the RJ's labels for obvious reasons. It probably cost them enough just to print new boxes.

Latest posts

Back