Other Master Vintner Kits?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are awesome labels, what program do you create those in and where did you find your label stock?

Thanks! I get my labels from www.onlinelabels.com and designed them myself. I downloaded a template from the website for my labels and do it in Word. I'm a fan of "simpler is better."

The script text is Edwardian font (similar to Stags Leap) and the rest is Times New Roman. That's my family crest in the center, with some basics on the wine (ABV and 'born on' date) in the corners. I name my wines for the songs that stick with me as I'm making them. In this case, a little Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

Thanks! I get my labels from www.onlinelabels.com and designed them myself. I downloaded a template from the website for my labels and do it in Word. I'm a fan of "simpler is better."

The script text is Edwardian font (similar to Stags Leap) and the rest is Times New Roman. That's my family crest in the center, with some basics on the wine (ABV and 'born on' date) in the corners. I name my wines for the songs that stick with me as I'm making them. In this case, a little Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

What is the size you are using they fit the bottle perfect. Are those white or a color?
That's a great idea for the crest and songs.

So last night we broke out a bottle of MV Cherie French Merlot. At last sampling, the tannins were a bit overpowering (I over did it in the finish). But, now this wine is a year old and is really starting to shine.

It will be interesting to do a side by side of the two wines: the RJS RQ French Merlot, done following the instructions with minor tweaks (no sorbate, a little more oak and Tannin Riche Extra in the finish), and the MV Cherie Merlot done with basically the same tweaks, but also an Extended Maceration of 6-8 weeks.

I think the latter will likely be my favorite. I’m thinking we do one when the MV hits 18 months.

So last night we broke out a bottle of MV Cherie French Merlot. At last sampling, the tannins were a bit overpowering (I over did it in the finish). But, now this wine is a year old and is really starting to shine.

It will be interesting to do a side by side of the two wines: the RJS RQ French Merlot, done following the instructions with minor tweaks (no sorbate, a little more oak and Tannin Riche Extra in the finish), and the MV Cherie Merlot done with basically the same tweaks, but also an Extended Maceration of 6-8 weeks.

I think the latter will likely be my favorite. I’m thinking we do one when the MV hits 18 months.

I keep telling myself to bottle and never do it...

Latest posts

Back