Martina’s Lavender Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, sounds like a good country song.
smiley36.gif

smiley17.gif

Hey don't knock country music.
smiley7.gif

Just listen to "Who's your Daddy" and tell me that that don't git yer feet movin' no matter where you are!

I can't stand that arrogant guy who sings that song. Not appealing to men, and I just don't get it as a dance song.

I have planted two little lavender plants in my backyard, but they probably don't get enough sun. I usually try to get mine shipped to me. I can recommend http://www.oldtimeherbs.comfor a variety of supplies (dried flowers, herbs, etc). I am not sure how shipping is to Hawaii, but they are very forthcoming and helpful. They are based out of Kentucky.

A friend of mine here grows around 4 acres of lavender which he supplies to a friend on the Mainland where it is processed to "Lavender Oil" for various uses. I see how it grows and I was wondering whether or not you do the same. I personnaly dig the stuff! I was given samples as "pillow sprays" little baggies that you hang in the closet, oils, etc.

And, if you had to "pay" for the stuff, I would gladly sendyoua freezer bag full of "Aloha"....

smiley1.gif

You are very kind, Joe! Thank you. I don't know if I am going to make a Lavender wine again, though. It seems that the wine had a very strong, yet good, smell. I will probably have to tweak the recipe a little, but thanks again for the nice offer!

Hawaiian Aloha Wine!!!!

Martina

I think you could say "it's appropriate for the type of wine". The mum wine really developed into something great.

I'm unfortuantely one of those types of people: "If I made it myself, it tastes great" so, my 2 cents on this one is sort of biased.
ok I know that this post is ancient but I'm hoping that you can post your recipe and results for the mums wine..... I love putting a new and unusual recipe in my schedule for making, especially if they raise the eyebrow of my dad, who taught me how to make wine.
Thanks!
B in SE Missouri

You are very kind, Joe! Thank you. I don't know if I am going to make a Lavender wine again, though. It seems that the wine had a very strong, yet good, smell. I will probably have to tweak the recipe a little, but thanks again for the nice offer!

Hawaiian Aloha Wine!!!!

Martina
Hello from Pennsylvania,
I've been to a winery in Va that makes Lavender wines ( Yummy) I'd luv to try making this any suggestions or recipes??
Enjoy your Day 🍷☃️

Latest posts

Back