Marquette veraision

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berrycrush

Reaction score
This weekend I noticed some of my marquette berries turned purple, does Marquette veraision come this early?

20190706-090015.jpg

Washington DC area
May I ask how old your Marquette vines are? I too in the NOVA/DC area and just planted 30 Marquette vines in May and am interested in hearing how they do for others in the area along with what I might be able to expect. I’d be interested in knowing what your harvest date and numbers end up being as well.

No signs of my Marquette grapes turning purple on Seattle area. They are growing nicely tho!

Crazy, my Cab Franc just started veraison this week down in Manassas. You mentioned your vines are 5 years old - is this the first year you’ve had grapes from them?
Yes. Last year are all lost to rain, and previous year to a cold snap in May.

Y'all are killing me. The only round things on my first-year marquette vines have legs and eat the leaves, so that's my fun at the moment.

I had to deploy my local "air force" this AM. I found two young Spotted Towhee's raiding the few berries that had turned. I blasted them with high power water and they just laughed at me. Then I put up the boys and suddenly they left neighborhood post haste......

IMG_4526.JPG

Latest posts

Back