Marquette starting veraison

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! My Marquette started veraison on July 16 and are now at roughly 15 to 17 Brix. Other varieties are following suit. I still need to drop some fruit and tighten up nets. I'm holding my breath on wildlife damage. My electric fence netting seems to be doing a good job. Last year at this point in veraison, we didn't have nets or fence and I was wiped out.

Good luck!

Very nice, what Brix do you pick at?
I shoot for 26 in the field sample which usually winds up around 24 must. We made that last year, but the year before we only made it to 22 due to yellow jacket damage. No bee sightings yet, so keeping fingers crossed! I also have 7 year old vines next to 3 year old vines, so I'll be curious to see if they differ in what Brix they arrive at.

I’m hoping my homemade wasps traps will destroy any nests in the area.
last year the stink bugs caused a lot of damage which attracted lots of bees and wasps. I’m keeping better observations this year to reduce rotten grapes. Good luck with your vintage.

I live in SE Michigan and mine were at 15 last week. Can't wait to check them this week.

Latest posts

Back