Marquette starting veraison......

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

VillaVino

Reaction score
All my 11 year old Marquettes have turned red. I’m going to have to get serious here and start with brix testing and try the new hand held pH meter this weekend. My 4 year old Marquettes are just starting to turn and are fairly on schedule even though these took a frost beating this spring.

wood1954

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
My secondary Marquette clusters are just starting to turn pink, I hope they ripen, main clusters are pretty well dark blue now.

JustJoe

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
My marquettes are at 18 brix already. How high can the marquette grape go? Also, since I am in Minnesota, it seems VERY early to be that high. Is there any reason to worry?

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They top out at 25-26 brix.

My marquettes are at 18 brix already. How high can the marquette grape go? Also, since I am in Minnesota, it seems VERY early to be that high. Is there any reason to worry?

VillaVino

Reaction score
I think we are just going to have to accept they will be early this year. I though disease would set in but they’re holding. I’m in west central Wisconsin.

treesaver

wino
Reaction score
All of my cultivars are early this year. Wonder why! Frontenac is not much earlier than usual, but the verona and concord is gonna be right behind it....within a few days. Even the norton has some pink clusters, and is still a long way off, but I usually pick it the end of September.

Latest posts