Marquette Rose

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havlikn

Reaction score
I am planning to make a Marquette Rose this year. I am wondering if anyone has tried it and how it turned out? The research I have done it looks like the Grapes should be harvested in the low 20s for the rose.

Any suggestions on ph? Yeast recommendations?

I plan to make it a sweet rose as many of the people I know like sweeter wine.

Sorry Havlikn that I missed your call. I haven't ever made a Marquette Rose so I didn't comment here before. That said you could harvest around normal time and just press the grapes at crushing to keep the color and tannin level down. I would ferment with a yeast that accentuates the fruit in the Marquette. Since you want to sweeten I wouldn't be horribly concerned with the pH. As long as the grapes are ripe, the pH should be alright. Good luck with it and let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for info. I’m contemplating taking a small portion at lower brix and making it a sweeter rose. Would this be do able do you think or am I going to run into issues with vegetative flavors?

I was happy with it. Ended up leaving slightly dry but others like which was key

Latest posts

Back