Marking Carboys

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So one of the things I like about brewtrax (one of our vendors - get 10% off) is to print a carboy tag. It's a standard print size and you cut out the circle and then just put it over the carboy neck. Really handy and I also use the software to track all my vints.
Derek

Have you considered DUCT TAPE ? I use it on my carboys; recording the date I began, wine type and batch number. The batch number matches the folder number I assign to each batch. After I bottle, I stick the duct tape on the wooden wine rack to easily identify the different bottles. I just began my 27th batch and so far the duct tape has served me well.

Wiccan_Lager said:
I use masking tape and just write on it with a pen. When I rack, I just peal the tape off and put in on the new carboy.

I also use masking tape, the blue painters type. So easy and little adhesive residue left behind.

Staples sells a box of about 50, 1 1/2 X 3 inch tags with string atached to it that I tie around the neck of the carboy with some info on it. All of the info for that wine is in a bound book.

Duct tape with one end doubled over as a pull tab. I number the carbuoys and keep details on each numbered batch in a master notebook. It will NEVER come off by accident.

Ditto your system. One further suggestion. I buy cheap duct tape. For 2 reasons. It doesn't stick and leave as much residue, and it tears a lot easier!!!!

I use masking tape and just write on it with a pen. When I rack, I just peal the tape off and put in on the new carboy.

That's got to be the cheapest thing I have ever heard of.

I guess that's why I do the exact same thing!!
happy0199.gif

NS

I use page protectors with a tie through the top hole, it will hold all info, notes, etc, you can slip it off and right on the next carboy.

L[/LIST]

Latest posts

Back