Maple Mead!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I defiantly would like to hear how this goes, i love grade A dark amber on my pancakes and have for years all 100% pure maple syrup, it has never dawned on me to try to make a wine from it, but you can rest assured i am going to now thanks to you, please keep your thread up dated, i'm dying to see what you come up with...
Dawg::

Hah I had this exact thought a couple of months ago when I saw a Mennonite man selling maple syrup at my local strawberry festival. His prices were WAAAAY too expensive or I would have tried.

Here is the recipe I used when making it.
I received the recipe from ctmaro(Mark). Ended up tasting like a light bourbon to me. 15% ABV. I just used tap water, not spring water. Cost was approx. $20 for 1 gal.

1 gallon spring water
2 lbs (2 2/3 C) light honey
2 C of maple syrup
1/2 package of 1118 yeast
Yeast energizer 1 tsp

I used A grade Maple Syrup from Costco.

Top up each racking with more maple.
Yeast nutrient 1tsp

Would have to look at my notes at home. I don't recall anything out of the ordinary so I would assume 5-10 days ferment. Rack, stabilize, clear and bottle within 2-3 months. A little more golden than yours and clear.

Yours has a nice amber tint to it. I like the idea of the cinnamon and clove too.

If I made it again, I would use something other than EC-1118. Probably D-47 or 1116.

Last edited:
Strawberry banana juicy juice!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
It actually turned out to be some VERY good wine!!! I racked it about 6 times and then let it sit for about 3 weeks bottled. Very smooth and STRONG!!! [emoji6]

Latest posts

Back