Many thanks!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Philosopher

Amateur
Reaction score
Thank you all for all your help and advice. My plum wine is not aged, but a complete success! I drew a little to check the SG, had a taste... That was 4 glasses ago, and I have just the right glow to head for bed. Haha!

glad to hear your plum wine is good.
Now just to actually keep it long enough to age. haha :) Good lucK!

Thanks again!

Another success story, thanks to you guys!
SWMBO just told me to hide the jug of cider so we wouldn't drink the whole gallon in one evening! :try

OP drink your wine and let the cider age. Now there is a song in that line, Hell, that wine is still in diapers

Last edited:
OP, lucky for you and the little lady, we have connections to give you a recipe to make more! I am convinced the only way to get it into a bottle is to make more than you can drink. The only thing I am buying myself for Christmas is a 50 gallon rubbermaid trash can.

Guess why?

OP, lucky for you and the little lady, we have connections to give you a recipe to make more! I am convinced the only way to get it into a bottle is to make more than you can drink. The only thing I am buying myself for Christmas is a 50 gallon rubbermaid trash can.

Guess why?

You needed a new bathtub troy?

Allie :p

Guess why?
You're going to make a week's supply this time?

You needed a new bathtub troy?

Allie :p
Hahaha!

G, only trouble is, I don't have plumbing, the only thing I can think of is a horse trough heated with a propane torch, and I don't have horses. Guess I'll just have to continue to pay my $4 a time to take a shower. I have already been thinking about how to sneak a case of bottles in there with me. Last time I tried to sneak a gal in there I got caught, not sure how I could explain 12 empty wine bottles! ROTFLMFAO!
Troy

G, only trouble is, I don't have plumbing, the only thing I can think of is a horse trough heated with a propane torch, and I don't have horses. Guess I'll just have to continue to pay my $4 a time to take a shower. I have already been thinking about how to sneak a case of bottles in there with me. Last time I tried to sneak a gal in there I got caught, not sure how I could explain 12 empty wine bottles! ROTFLMFAO!
Troy

paying $4 a shower where?

Laundromat. biggest scam in the area, well not really, only game in town. I am willing to bet I am the only member in here who doesn't have indoor plumbing, sure makes my wine making a little different than " all yalls". Having water flowing through a faucet thing would make it alot easier. thats why I know how to sleep in a barn and be just fine and dandy!

I could tell you outhouse stories that would make you hold your pee longer than you thought possible!! Try -35F(-37C), I am learning Celcius. Us guys have the "male advantage", I used to feel bad for you ladies, but it is the one thing for sure we have that you don't !!!!

ROTFLMAO now !!!!!!

Last edited:
After trying to form a response to that post for the past 10 minutes Troy...

good grief! ( takes the bottle off troy and hides it.) :>

There's just no response to that..

I might just call it a night..

Allie

:)

Would you rather that I lie to you G? Not having running water poses unique situations. In the 30 some years I have lived here I think I have had indoor plumbing maybe 6 of those. Just the way it is. no lies or stories. It is, what, it is! LOL

All I meant was that us guys can walk around the back of the barn and count the stars, a lady might not have the gazing priveledges. Oh, geeze, there I go, you may as well smack me silly now!!!!:i

Last edited:
After a shower at the laundramat, do you get to tumble dry in the "sauna".:)

I never thought about it but I bet it is a little rough to keep the pipes from freezing up there in mid winter.:D

It is quite a challenge. Even those without wells have holding tanks in the house or garage, and it is a MOFO to keep it going all winter. Like I said, an outhouse can be challenging, but to make 5 gallons of wine takes like 15 gallons of water to sanitize, rinse and drain everyting. And then the expense of letting all the heat out to dump the 5 gallon "slop" bucket.

Still beats living in the city.

Troy

(whine, I am not kidding, I don't have running water, had some dripping above my frozen moustache earlier when I was outside at -20F shoveling snow, and no!!!!!!!!, thats not wind chill)

Still beats living in the city.

Troy

(whine, I am not kidding, I don't have running water, had some dripping above my frozen moustache earlier when I was outside at -20F shoveling snow, and no!!!!!!!!, thats not wind chill)

I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but there are places without running water you could live that are a bit warmer! :)

Bags already packed BOB! Than again, part of my soul here I don't think I could ever leave it behind. I can't take it with me and it's the part I need the most. When I say that I mean that in a deep sense, like part of my soul is in every tree, etc. I have made it 30 yrs here so I have 100% bitching rights, and I intend to excersise every last one of those rights! LOL

Last edited:
Bags already packed BOB! Than again, part of my soul here I don't think I could ever leave it behind. I can't take it with me and it's the part I need the most. When I say that I mean that in a deep sense, like part of my soul is in every tree, etc. I have made it 30 yrs here so I have 100% bitching rights, and I intend to excersise every last one of those rights! LOL

I can appreciate what you're saying. OTOH, I grew up in MO (suburbs). I've since lived in CA, WA, CT, VA, TN, GA and WI. I've had extended visits in LA, SC, OR, England, Spain and Scotland (several visits of several months each in Scotland). I wouldn't trade the experiences for anything, BUT ...

... I landed back in MO. Rural this time though!

Love that Bob. I used to fish on the "Northern Jaeger" with some folks from Ridgeway close to the Iowa border, got some rural action there!!! It was what I would have expected in the woods of Kentucky or the hills of Virginia. I didn't realized rural still meant rural in this country. I was amazed when I went down there to visit them. Absolutely excellent people that way, thats for sure!

My bestest buddy and his father were from Viburnum. They crashed there plane into a mountain up here( got Larrys initials tattooed on my arm.) I think his Mom lives in Duck Creek Landing. Ever heard of any of those places?

Troy

Last edited:
Yep, I've been through Viburnum a few times on the hog. They have a kool festival there in October every year.

That's about an hour or so from me as the hog rolls ;-)

Latest posts

Back