Quantcast

Mango Wine Blends Recipe

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Wiz

Reaction score
I went to the local outside Sunday market a few days ago and purchased 18 kilos (39.6#) at $15.18. As they ripened I sliced, peeled worked like a dog to get enough for a 5 gallon batch. I have 8 mangoes left and had an idea of freezing 2# batches or so and mixing with another 2# at some point of something else like peaches, strawberries, pineapple or other fruit found here in Costa Rica. Is this a dumb idea and if not, does anyone have any 1 gallon blended fruit recipes using mangoes?

Boyd

Reaction score
I would go ahead and try whatever I thought would work, Blueberry, elderberry, or black raspberry if you can get them.

I will either work out or not, but meanwhile you can have fun trying differtent things.

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not a dumb idea at all. I bought a bag of mixed tropical fruit and made wine from it and called it Tropical Breeze. Then I found another mixed fruit bag that had strawberries, peaches, pineapples and mangos. It is roughly 1# of each fruit for a one gallon batch.

Wiz

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts. I'll go to the local market Sunday and see what I can buy. Will keep everyone advised.