Mango-Pineapple Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinoSorez

Junior
Reaction score
Wanted to experiment with my little one gallon growlers while the big carboys and buckets are being used for blueberry and dragon's blood.

Recipe:

3 bottles of Looza Mango Juice
1 bottle of Looza Peach Juice
(Very pulpy)
2 tsp. yeast nutrient
1 tsp. yeast energizer
1 tsp. tannin
1/2 tsp. acid blend
2 cup sugar

Starting Gravity was 1.078

It has been fermenting for about 2 weeks and half the jug is pulp haha, thinking about mixing in some apple wine that is almost finished, when I rack it.

Looks good but that's a bit too much head space if you plan on aging it AND I would recommend you age it not less than 6-9 months or until it clears (whichever takes longer).

I did a tropical mix from Wally-World think it was peach, pinapple, mango, and strawberry...? Final results were pleasant fruity wine that is an easy sipper, chilled after a hot day. Best advise is ours did well with about 6-12months of aging. Was not enjoyable at a young age.

I like the idea of experimenting with first just doing a gallon. Though there have been no epic fails there have been a number of 6 gallon experiment/trial wines I've made that were never made again.

Latest posts

Back