Malbec Must and Malbec grapes from Argentina. Who has used it?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommalbec

Junior
Reaction score
I am thinking of shipping a Container of Malbec Must from my San Rafael, Mendoza Province, Argentina Malbec vineyards (33-acres) that are ten-years old.

I am also thinking of shipping a Container of Malbec grapes (specially packaged) from my San Rafael, Mendoza Province, Argentina Malbec vineyards that are ten-years old.

The must and or grapes will be from from my April 2019 harvest. Typically the grapes are sold to a local Bodega but I have been approached by several grape wholesalers in the US and Canada to ship them Malbec Must in 5-gal pails.

Here’s the rub, they want to offer me peanuts and after a little bit of resale it appears that get pretty respectable “Retail” prices.

I am considering shipping a container myself, warehousing it and offer it far cheaper to people in the US and Canada.

If you have interest and or experience using Malbec Must or Grapes please contact me. I would appreciate it.

Seems like a logistical nightmare, I am interested in seeing how it goes. If you get it to the US you could sell in the 5-gallon pails to a lot of home winemakers and get a better price the problem is that wholesalers usually are the shops that sell to us little guys, they buy them really cheap and jack up the prices. It's standard business.

Latest posts

Back