Making your own Port Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been lucky enough to get given some 55% homebrew brandy to use, now I need to recalculate, any help gratefully accepted...as you know my maths is terrible.
Its supposed to be 8 parts brandy to 35 parts wine. The wine is 4.5litres, can anyone tell me what the breakdown is, I cant work it out...too blonde I think!!!:?

1 part brandy to 4.4 parts

so 1 litre to 4.5 litres of wine is how I work it out

Allie

1 liter of Brandy to every 4.375 liters of wine.

I tried to break down the equation here but for some reason when i post it it moves all of it around !

Yeah that's how I worked it out Wade.. Simply broke it down into a fraction. I guess I must have been listening to the maths teacher that day.. ( soo long ago!)

Allie

Had a terrible job straining this must.. It clogged everything so fast that in the end i gave up and ran it through the large holes of a colander. I think it was the fibres from the dates. So the wine has a lot of pulp in it.. will leave it a few more days and see if it settles out.. Will probably need frequent extra rackings. On the plus side, it ended up being 35 litres all up. good flavour and SG is currently 1.060.

Allie

Fab thanks for the feedback. I shall go home and add the brandy then! Now to the patience part and wait for it to age!!!!

Latest posts

Back