making wine the easy way

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nowadays, there are many people who really admire for making wine and I am one of them. Moreover, making wine is consider now as simple way of process for making a fermentation that the fruits turn into alcohol. As far I know wine have contains of many uses.

Either you've REALLY been sampling your product or English is a second language or you type like me? Are you from Asia?

This sounds like making prison wine and may be good practice, if you plan on being detained for any long period of time.....lol. Read through a few threads and keep working and you may perfect a great hobby. I used to make wine that way when I was in college.....then I matured a little......:D

This sounds like making prison wine and may be good practice, if you plan on being detained for any long period of time.....lol. Read through a few threads and keep working and you may perfect a great hobby. I used to make wine that way when I was in college.....then I matured a little......:D

I never matured I just aged.

ive tried my homemade hooch wine and it does pack a punch that comes on gradually , you dont seem drunk at first but you gradually get really pished haha its good stuff, i gave a way most of it to a friend though because i made apple cider and i just did not want to drink that **** so i gave it to him , i kept some for my self , white and red and it goes down well , id say its an aquired taste but it does the jo alright!!

And now I'm having flashbacks of my first week working at the prison and finding a 30 gallon garbage bag full of "hooch" sitting in the toilet. The guy had about 5 knots tied in it and it was blown up like a balloon. The inmate was all like "yeah that's twelve percent sarge."

I'm standing there mouth wide open and unsure of whether to lecture the guy about sanitation or ask him where he's hiding keeping his hydrometer. I opted for cuffing him instead.

How that guy got 30 gallons of juice through 5 different secure areas I will never understand......

well, if you look at seths picture, you would think he had some that wild hooch....by the way seth.....love your crown

Hehe, me make hooch? Not in a long time lol. If you want a good laugh look up my milk wine thread ( ;. Indeed, I tend to think a crown suits me well it brings out my more noble features heh

ive tried my homemade hooch wine and it does pack a punch that comes on gradually , you dont seem drunk at first but you gradually get really pished haha its good stuff, i gave a way most of it to a friend though because i made apple cider and i just did not want to drink that **** so i gave it to him , i kept some for my self , white and red and it goes down well , id say its an aquired taste but it does the jo alright!!

Uh yeah, THIS does the job too...

...but do you really want to drink it?

for the experts, and seth8530

I got several things in primary and secondary, and so far all that has tasted any of it, are all amazed...that I made it.. I cant even wash clothes properly.
My first bottles were pretty good, according to me.
My second batch is still in secondary, where it will be for a year...

When to add tannin.
Why add it.
Do I need to add it.

My wine tasted acidic...why and how to correct.

Thanks for info....
and anyone here from Milwauke

What is the wine made from? Some juices/ grapes contain more tannins than others do. I think most bottles of tannins have recommended doses for a wine at the primary..Tannin is what comes from when the juice sits on grape skins or the seeds of certain fruit. So sometimes mead can do well from a tannin or oak addition. One way to get tannin into your wine is via oaking which adds a great layer of flavours on its own...

As far as acidity, I would wait until your wine is properly aged before dealing with that. One way to deal with that is by sweetining out the wine to balance the acidity, another way is CaCo3 or perhaps using another wine safe base.

Latest posts

Back