Making Wine From Breville Elite Juicer..??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xdriver

Reaction score
I got the Breville Elite 1000 watt Juicer from my wife for X-Mass for making wine and for making juices for the kids..

When I make the juices for my kids it seems to have a lot of foamy/froth kinna like 3/4 froth to 1/4 juice. I read the instructions that say, harder fruits uses high settings and softer fruits use the low settings..

After making the kids there juice drinks, I sterilized each part of the juicer and juiced, two 35 oz of apples and one 35 oz of fresh pealed oranges..

After juicing there was a lot of froth/foam so I went ahead and poured the juices into a 1 gal. carboy making a 2 part apple and 1 part orange Must... This is what it looked liked after 1 hour with the Cruched campden mixed in pictured below.

This is what it looked like about one extra hour later pictured below.. clearing about a Inch a hour, figuring by morning It should be clear..

I was going to take a SG reading after I poured the juice in the 1 gal. Carboy but with all the cloudyness I'd figured I'd wait for it to clear then check it and see how much sugar I'll need to add to bring it to the Alc. levels I want..

Qustions:

1). Wait for it to clear, then rack into another 1 gal. carboy and take SG levels..?

2). Take SG levels after it settles in the same cayboy..?

3). What do u think I should I do..?

Wait,
With fruit wines you need to add Pectic Enzyme 24 hours before you add the yeast. Then draw a sample and ck the gravity (NO FOAM) then add enough sugar to 1.085.
I use something called WineCalc. Download it and punch in your gravity and it will tell you how much sugar to add.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~mpesgens/thwp/winecalc.html

Wait,
With fruit wines you need to add Pectic Enzyme 24 hours before you add the yeast. Then draw a sample and ck the gravity (NO FOAM) then add enough sugar to 1.085.
I use something called WineCalc. Download it and punch in your gravity and it will tell you how much sugar to add.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~mpesgens/thwp/winecalc.html

Thanks Tom..

Your saying add the Pectic Enzyme now..? I didn't add yeast yet cause of the sufites I added.. I'll wait the 24 hrs.

From my understandings Pectic Enzyme should take out the Pectic Haze from what some friuts will leave but didn't think it had to be added right away..

I was going to wait till morning when it's cleared to check SG's then add the Sugars to level I want, with the Pectic Enzyme, Nutriences, Energizer, and Acid Blends (if needed after I check with tester)...

I've made wine in the past ( With Welches Concentrate) with adding Pectic Enzyme, Nutrience, Energizer, and Acid Blends in the beggining and had no problems..

I'm no Expert but when lots of people say for somebody just starting out making wine say "It's the best they ever had" makes me feel good..

I've never made wine from scratch with a Quality Juicer but it will never hurt to be schooled on something I don't no..

It's been almost 3 hrs. and this is what it looks like in the picture below..

DSCF0023.jpg

I have to rack a homemade welches wine into a 2ndary now so I'll talk to ya in the late morning..

I Hope to hear from ya guys soon.. Happy Holidays...!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Cool.. Does anybody agree with this..?

If so, I'll add some now but seems how it looks like by daylight it should be clear, I'll wait but thanks for your help..

Update:

I seen that this morning there was still stuff stuck at the top so I ran it threw the cheese cloth and worked great..

I'll have to wait about 2 more hours before I can pitch the yeast..

The SG was @ 1052 or 7% Alc. on its own.. I added sugar to bring the SG up to 1076 or 10% Alc. so when I back sweeten it It'll prob. drop the Alc. levels back to 7% and hoping it'll be good..

Cool.. Does anybody agree with this..?

If so, I'll add some now but seems how it looks like by daylight it should be clear, I'll wait but thanks for your help..

YES !!!!!
I DO !! Pectic will help in the extraction as well as the haze thing
If you dont it will be hard to clear and may b missing some flavor

Pectic enzyme should be added 12 hours after adding must and sulfite. then you wait another 12 hours and add the yeast. The pectic enzyme is there to rid your fruit of pectin which will cfeate a haze yes, but its main job is to break down the cellular walls of the fruit to get better color and flavor extraction.

Pectic enzyme should be added 12 hours after adding must and sulfite. then you wait another 12 hours and add the yeast. The pectic enzyme is there to rid your fruit of pectin which will cfeate a haze yes, but its main job is to break down the cellular walls of the fruit to get better color and flavor extraction.

Thanks Wade..

I had to dump it :slp.. I went to rack it and because of it's high temps. @ 78 degrees and a 2 day fermenting process gave it a bad smell..

I know better then to ferment at such high temps of 78 degrees with fruit wines but I normally have the room at 70 degrees..

I started a new batch doing everything you said and its fermenting @ 72 degrees

Latest posts

Back