Other Making sparkling wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luanne50

Reaction score
Is anyone out there making sparkling wines out of a white wine kit? Would love to share the how to. Loved wine expert millennium kit, but I am now trying to make sparkling out of white wine kit. My first two were duds. Still waiting to test carbination on my third. If you have success I would love to find out how you do it

Is anyone out there making sparkling wines out of a white wine kit? Would love to share the how to. Loved wine expert millennium kit, but I am now trying to make sparkling out of white wine kit. My first two were duds. Still waiting to test carbination on my third. If you have success I would love to find out how you do it

I have a chardonnay I am going to try next week. I am going to take 1/2 the batch and go to a 3gal carboy for a bit of bulk aging and the rest to sparkling wine. That way, if I mess up its only part of the batch. Have you read the link below and did you do something like it when you made the last batch? Very detailed instructions that should be helpful in your next batch.

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10519

if you have not yet sorbated the wine , there is a simpler way to get sparkling wine similar to prosecco. the bubbles are not as many when poured. add 3/4 cup of sugar to 5 gallon of wine or prorate if you want to use a smaller batch. bottle in beer bottles of any other bottle that will take a beer bottle cap. wine will carbonate in yeast that remains in the wine. it will take about two months to achieve carbonation. this is method used to carbonate beer.

I have a chardonnay I am going to try next week. I am going to take 1/2 the batch and go to a 3gal carboy for a bit of bulk aging and the rest to sparkling wine. That way, if I mess up its only part of the batch. Have you read the link below and did you do something like it when you made the last batch? Very detailed instructions that should be helpful in your next batch.

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10519

Thanks. Had not seen this post. May try this next. I wonder if my Sauvignon blanc is too acidic? May go back to Chardonnay. I like the split batch approach.

Thanks. Had not seen this post. May try this next. I wonder if my Sauvignon blanc is too acidic? May go back to Chardonnay. I like the split batch approach.

I force carbonated (in a Cornelius keg I use to carbonate beer) three gallons of a Sauvignon blanc kit last month to use for the holidays. It was met with rave reviews from my family and it was a very, very young wine. So I think a Sauvignon Blanc is not too acidic and am actually thinking of using a Pinto Grigio next time.

Some time if you have some leftovers, let a glass of champagne go flat, then cool it down and taste it. I'll be surprised if you don't spit it out, it is awful!

Force carbing

I have a kegging setup so am planning to sparkle that way. A friend sparkled the Cali moscato and it was fantastic but that kit is a tad sweet. I learning towards something semisweet though since there will be no sugar additions like bottle conditioning. My initial thought is maybe Luna Bianca without the oak, any suggestions or experiences?

I think,Lina blanco would be great. If you want it to taste like "champagne" it shouldn't be sweet or oaky.

Latest posts

Back