Making new friends in the south.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_20190429_225134.jpg In case some of you don't already know, I am moving down to North Georgia.

A lot of people wonder why I'm doing this. It is all because some of my family has been down here for a good part of 30 years.

It's also because this is a vibrant and upcoming wine region. I am glad to say in the short time that I've been down here that I've made great inroads in the wine making community.

This week was a great one. I was asked to speak at the local Kiwanis Club about the history of my Winery and winemaking family. As an added bonus, it turns out that the president of the Kiwanis Club just so happens to be a member of the Blairsville purple foot club. This is an organization of over 90 members and all of them winemakers!

After this talk, I had an invitation to attend the next meeting of the purple foot Club.

Let me tell you, I attended this meeting and I was amazed at how friendly and hospitable these people were. They were so welcoming that I was taken aback. Their meeting was scheduled to take care of business and elections and afterwards the usual tasting of other people's wines. I found the wine to be delightful, second only to how delightful the people were.

What a grand afternoon spent sharing wine and swapping wine making stories. This was indeed a great day!

Many thanks to the purple foot Club!

Last edited:
I assume you told them how friendly and hospitable we here at WinemakingTalk are. ;)

Some pretty good wines come out of north Georgia.

Now even better wines will come out of north Georgia.

Latest posts

Back