making labels

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

goldnut

Reaction score
I need help making labels. Can someone point me to a site that is user friendly?

BernardSmith

Reaction score
You could try Avery templates... You need to be careful as if you download their templates you can find that you have added the search engine "Ask" to your desktop and although "Ask" is not malware it can interpose itself as your default search engine - and can be a brute to remove.

Olbuscap

Reaction score
I use the Avery templates within Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher.

Double Daylo

Reaction score
While the user friendly sites are certainly easy to use and simple.

I highly recommend what I did myself and that was take the time to teach myself how to use a graphics design program. There are some open source free ones out there that are great. I use Gimp which is very close to Photoshop. This is a free program. It definitely has a pretty big and sometimes frustrating learning curve. Lots of googling, youtubing, and learning from mistakes. But once you get the hang of it the usefulness is overwhelming. I hand made our bottle labels and it is great being able to adjust the smallest details to my needs. I also have made carboy and cellar rack tags/labels with this with my own logo with is fun.

Dentman

Reaction score
thelabelry.com is a really neat site i found that actually lets you download a lower resolution label for free. You can get a higher res. for 5 bucks or they'll print for 20 bucks. pretty good deal based on what I've found around the inter webs

heatherd

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I use Stoney Creek Wine Press for labels. They are high-quality.

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
you can use download.com to install a label making program , then you can get different
label sheets from Walmart, after to get your borders set, and so one I think mine has 2 or 3 different types f labels a sheet holding 6 peel an stick labels work great, a smaller size sheet will have 8 to ten labels for your back labels, now here's the trick, let the ink dry on your sheets then get some spray can varnish or spray can poly, set all your sheets on a sheet of ply wood, spread out the full sheets already printed out, give all the sheets a light coat of either varnish or polyurethane after letting these sheet dry fully give then the second coat, after letting this dry, your all but done, then you pull off the little edges that makes it much better ,,,,

salcoco

Veteran Wine Maker
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
onlinelabels.com. they have the labels and a label designer package. buy the labels and the designer is free for X months. Have been using them for years various size labels.

Reaction score
There are many programs out there but I have found that by the time to count the cost of the labels and the ink in your printer, you are just as cheap to design them yourself and have the company's print them and mail them.
Uprint.com is who I have used in the past.

Mismost

Reaction score
I use Avery labels and search the Internet for interesting images, copy, save to pictures, and then import and place on the Avery label...I use the Avery software. I hate computer crap and this is pretty easy even for me! Do the Text boxes and get them where you want them, import the image and adjust it's placement, "print" actually save as a pdf back to Pictures, and then open up and actually print. I can do it in about 10 minutes with very few cuss words involved.

labels are part of the fun in my book.

Monty Knapp

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
FYI.
Onlinelabels.com sells blank wine labels that become waterproof after you print them in your inkjet printer.
I design my labels using photography software (Zoner Photo Studio), then upload the design to Onlinelabels.com. From Onlinelabels you can send full sheets of labels to your printer using their "Maestro Label Designer".

Latest posts

Group Builder