making a fpac

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

toadie

Reaction score
I've used raisins a few times. You are right they are often covered with a thin film of oil for preservation. My first step is a vigorous rinse a couple of times. Then overnight soak followed by a blend with a food processor or ? vitamix. Then put them in a mesh bag. Not sure if that helps. Once I noticed a sort of fatty film or ring at the mouth of the carboy. I was a little concerned but after a second racking it wasn't an issue.
Cheers.

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
With dried fruits which i dont use a lot of wash them in cold water, then add them directly into the base wine, they will rehydrate on there own.
YES , ONCE THEY'VE GIVEN UP THERE ESSENCES THERE TASTELESS.
Less is always more however, with dried fruit i would use the same amount, EX. I cup for 5 or 6 gallon batch of raisins, ect.
Keep thinking outside the box. Its fun.

Bmd2k1

Reaction score
With dried fruits which i dont use a lot of wash them in cold water, then add them directly into the base wine, they will rehydrate on there own.
YES , ONCE THEY'VE GIVEN UP THERE ESSENCES THERE TASTELESS.
Less is always more however, with dried fruit i would use the same amount, EX. I cup for 5 or 6 gallon batch of raisins, ect.
Keep thinking outside the box. Its fun.
Do you ever use any fpacs post fermentation while bulk aging?

Cheers!

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
The acholo is the catalyst thatdraws out the flavor to blend in ,that's not to say you couldn't its your wine and idea ,I wouldn't.
There's two ways this goes,enhancements in the primary becomes a partnership with the base.
Enhancements in the secondary it then becomes a background flavor,got it ?

Bmd2k1

Reaction score
The acholo is the catalyst thatdraws out the flavor to blend in ,that's not to say you couldn't its your wine and idea ,I wouldn't.
There's two ways this goes,enhancements in the primary becomes a partnership with the base.
Enhancements in the secondary it then becomes a background flavor,got it ?
Got it! Thanks

Cheers!

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
Making Fpacs can be fun and very rewarding...follow the flow.]
When the fruit is in season :db vacuum seal it for winter winemaking .

Attachments

Latest posts