Major storm?!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkinman

Reaction score
We decided to drive my mother back home to Maryland today, my sister (my mother splits her time between my two sisters and I) called in a panic pleading with us to reconsider driving in the terrible storm that they were getting, she told us how everything was closed, including the base that my brother in law works at, all of the airports including the airports in DC, the government closed down on DC as well, apparently it was a total mess from Jersey to Virginia. ....me being the stubborn guy I am, having gone through this crazy winter that has dumped feet of snow on us here in NY decided that it would be do able.
My sister kept calling us reminding us that it wasn't like storms in NY, finally we just stopped answering her calls two hrs into the 6 hr drive. ...lol.... I cannot believe that everything in the path of this storm closed, the most snow that we came across was maybe 2 to 3 inches of snow, and all of the roads were clear and dry.....lol.....In NY, this would be called a flurry. ...Lmfao!
Anyway, the trip was nice, we took a very pleasant route thanks to my wife, unfortunately, it was a bit too soon for my wife to be traveling for 6 hrs, she is still fairly sore from her surgery.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Wine Making mobile app

Glad it went well.

We had a foot of snow here in N. VA. But it seems the further north you were, the better. My sister in Baltimore had less than two inches. While there were areas that had a lot, the heavy snow was in a pretty concentrated area. But they didn't seem to know where that area was going to be until late Sunday. I guess the Feds can't say "we are closed if you live in Virginia". :)

I don't know what the official snowfall was here on the weekend, but we had over a foot in the back lane yesterday morning. My husband had to push the car all the way to the street!

Tom - looks like you had a nice, pleasant drive considering this winter :)

We decided to drive my mother back home to Maryland today, my sister (my mother splits her time between my two sisters and I) called in a panic pleading with us to reconsider driving in the terrible storm that they were getting, she told us how everything was closed, including the base that my brother in law works at, all of the airports including the airports in DC, the government closed down on DC as well, apparently it was a total mess from Jersey to Virginia. ....me being the stubborn guy I am, having gone through this crazy winter that has dumped feet of snow on us here in NY decided that it would be do able.
My sister kept calling us reminding us that it wasn't like storms in NY, finally we just stopped answering her calls two hrs into the 6 hr drive. ...lol.... I cannot believe that everything in the path of this storm closed, the most snow that we came across was maybe 2 to 3 inches of snow, and all of the roads were clear and dry.....lol.....In NY, this would be called a flurry. ...Lmfao!
Anyway, the trip was nice, we took a very pleasant route thanks to my wife, unfortunately, it was a bit too soon for my wife to be traveling for 6 hrs, she is still fairly sore from her surgery.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Wine Making mobile app

I guess we in NY know how to drive in snow and have the equipment to remove the white stuff. DC seems to shut down when a flake or two falls ... mind you, IMO, the city of NY has no idea how to shift snow (they remove parking restrictions after a snow storm rather than impose them and so cannot really clear the streets - the ice-walls, a car width into the roads in the Bronx finally melted this past weekend).

Latest posts

Back