Major score on bottles!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobF

Reaction score
Me and a winemaking friend scord 56 cases of new 375ml bottles today for, get this, $1/case.

New glass, but they do have labels that need to be removed. Looks like they take #7 corks, but each case comes with a dozen plastic champagne-style corks.

Now if I could find a similar deal on 750ml ...

Bob

Would you be willing to part with a few cases, I will pay at least double what you paid and will pay for shipping

Me and a winemaking friend scord 56 cases of new 375ml bottles today for, get this, $1/case.

New glass, but they do have labels that need to be removed. Looks like they take #7 corks, but each case comes with a dozen plastic champagne-style corks.

Now if I could find a similar deal on 750ml ...

Wow! That is a great deal. I prefer splits for bottling for my own consumption, since I'm usually the only one drinking and I hate to leave a bottle overnight. One 375-ml with dinner is typically plenty for me.

Bob, I have also started collecting the 375's for ice wine. I understand if you have a floor corker you'll be able to use #9's. If you go to wineries be sure to ask for them. When I started asking they were surprised because they had few request for them. I have scored about 10 cases so far. By the way your score was awesome!

Maybe these are different but i dought it, i use #9 x 175 on all my 375 and have many different ones, sometimes it will ncik a pce off a side but just a little pce and just at the very beginning and Ive never had a leaker in all my years. This can most lilely only be done with a floor corker.

New with labels? Did a winery close?

A winery acquired these from a Canadian sparkling water co. The winery decided not to use them. I had purchased a couple of cases of these from them a few months ago for $7/case. I used them for my jalapeno cooking wine with the corks that came with them. They work great, so I called up and offered them $1/case for whatever they had left.

Bob, I have also started collecting the 375's for ice wine. I understand if you have a floor corker you'll be able to use #9's. If you go to wineries be sure to ask for them. When I started asking they were surprised because they had few request for them. I have scored about 10 cases so far. By the way your score was awesome!

They might take 9s, but the openings are defintely smaller than a standard bottle that takes 9s. I haven't done a precise measurement - this is from a finger test.

I also get used 375s from a different winery for $3/case. They clean them and remove labels.

Maybe these are different but i dought it, i use #9 x 175 on all my 375 and have many different ones, sometimes it will ncik a pce off a side but just a little pce and just at the very beginning and Ive never had a leaker in all my years. This can most lilely only be done with a floor corker.

The openings are definetely smaller than a standard 9. I have a small bag of 7s to try out, but the plastic champagne style corks they come with worked great for the first batch I bottled in them.

I'll post photos when I get a chance.

Latest posts

Back