Cellar Craft Main Link and Date Code

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
http://www.cellarcraftwine.com/

Cellar Craft
Cellar Craft has recently returned to stamping the date on the side of the 16 & 18 liter kits. On the 7.5L kits the date code is on a sticker on the front of the kit.

For example a kit that has the following number of D27512SA. The first letter refers to the month, in this case D refers to April (A=Jan, B = Feb, C= March etc). The 27 is the date of the month. The next number is the year. So this kit was made on April 27, 2005. The numbers after the year are internal codes used by the manufacturer.

Cellar Craft date code

I have just received a Cellar Craft Sterling Pinot Grigio kit and I have no clue how to read any date code. The only thing I can find on the box (inside or out) is the following:

RES#: 140483

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob

I found the answer on another site and will share

Cellar Craft has a date of manufacture marked on the box and they recommend it be produced within 12 months of the manufacture date.

Look for a small white label with something similar to this: RES#111515 LOT# K01712 SA

The RES# is just an internal batch number that doesn't mean anything to us. We want to look at the first 4 characters of the LOT#, in this case:

K017

Break this down to the first character (the letter), the net 2 characters (numbers) and the last character (also a number):

K 01 7

This translates to:

K = November. A=January, B=February, C=March, D=April, E=May, F=June, G=July, H=August I=September, J=October, K=November, M=December.

01 = 1st day of the month

7 = 2007.

So this kit was manufactured on November 1, 2007.

The date codes for Cellar Craft kits are now done the 'Vineco way'. The date code is on a sticker on the top of the box. There are three groups of numbers as follows.

xxxxx - sequential batch number
yxxx - y is the year (2 = 2012), xxx is day within year (eg 058 is Feb 27th)
xxxx - kit number within the batch

The last 2 kits that I bought only have a 4 digit batch number. This could be because a leading zero is not printed.

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks steve, Ill try tofix this when I get back from the doc today!

Thanks steve, Ill try tofix this when I get back from the doc today!
Might want to hang onto the old method description for a couple of years. As you know, old kits sometimes turn up.

Steve

I think this post may need an update. Cellar Craft is part of Veneco but my numbers don't seem to match anything described in this thread for before or after - I have no series of numbers with a letter in them. I just got a new kit from George and here's the label contents from the top of the box.

Cellar Craft Showcase
Yakima Valley Riesling
#003540/140074
8239 2124 0032

I'm taking a wild stab that the last number sequence is what I am looking for. Perhaps batch 8239, produced 2012 day 124, kit number 0032?

8239 2124 0032

I'm taking a wild stab that the last number sequence is what I am looking for. Perhaps batch 8239, produced 2012 day 124, kit number 0032?
Yep, as described in post #6 above from cpfan.

Steve

Just picked up a Showcase Argentina Malbec with date code 3262 (2013-09-19). Fresh!

Help..... Just received my 3 CC showcase kits ..... don`t understand the codes on them....old zif...003550.....red mountain......003553.....c du pays......003547

ok thanks ....just looked at the codes on the box that was backorder and I received today..... here they are...27551 4282 0102......so the second set is what I`m looking for.....4 being 2014.....282 is day in the year?...October 9th?

ok thanks ....just looked at the codes on the box that was backorder and I received today..... here they are...27551 4282 0102......so the second set is what I`m looking for.....4 being 2014.....282 is day in the year?...October 9th?
Yes 282 is October 9.

Latest posts

Back