RJ Spagnols Main Link and Date Code

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
http://www.rjspagnols.com/

RJS

There's no secret to RJS date codes. For example if your kit was made on November 12, 2007, the code would be 20071112D. It goes YYYYMMDD followed by a D always.
The date code on RJS kits is usually on the copy of the label on the outside of the main box. Usually in a circle of color on the black box for EP's.

No D on mine

Wade E, this number is on my kit 20090924 but no D is there. This is still the date? Sept 24th 2009?

John:

If it's printed on the variety sticker then it is the date of manufacture. I have a kit marked "20090922 D". Maybe the D on your box just mis-printed.

Steve

It did come from the sticker on the box. The kit is Vino Del Vida Grand Cru Heritage estates World Tour Chile/Cabernet Merlot

It did come from the sticker on the box. The kit is Vino Del Vida Grand Cru Heritage estates World Tour Chile/Cabernet Merlot
I guess that means you are making a Vino del Vida World Tour Chilean Cabernet Merlot.

The rest are other brands...Heritage Estates, and Grand Cru.

Steve

I was just writing everything down from the instruction sheet. Now I see what you mean. I had 3 types writing down lol. But mine is Vino del Vida. Thanks

I was just writing everything down from the instruction sheet. Now I see what you mean. I had 3 types writing down lol. But mine is Vino del Vida. Thanks

Instructions are often shared among various lines. You should make note of the brand name on the box.

Steve

I just made a kit with 20130912 on the label, no "D". Interesting I got a 2013 kit. I doubt they get much fresher than that!

Question - I have a chance to buy from a store a White Chocolate Port. But it is from 2011. I know I have to change the yeast - will it still be OK. because these package on dates - not expired dates - correct.
Thanks Dean

Latest posts

Back