Lurking around the Wine store

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else does this. I use to go to the wine store, get what I wanted and get out. Now I am spending an extra half an hour just lurking around looking at the labels for new ideas. I never realized making wine was one hobby and making labels is another completly different one. Looking around now for a kit to make for Christmas gifts with a family picture on it. Someone mentioned Crabapple which sounds great but I don't think we have a RJ Spagnols dealer around here and I am running out of time.

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
I do the same thing online..

I go 'window shopping'

...assuming you mean making gifts for xmas next year? I recommend the orange muscat dessert wine..no one in my family has disliked that one yet.

I also made a carmenere cab sav which is cellaring and won't be ready til next xmas.. if you are more inclined towards a red.

Allie

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I think probably a white that is more on the sweet side. Not too sweet though and I can control that some with the f-pack. Probably needs to be an Island mist or something along that line as I am running out of time. I can get Wine Experts and orchard Breezing kits close to me.

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
you ever notice how you go for yeast and leave havinf spent $40 on whatever

TheTooth

Reaction score
you ever notice how you go for yeast and leave havinf spent $40 on whatever
Definitely. I just figure I'm lucky to be able to spend an extra $40 without it affecting my ability to pay rent or eat dinner. ;)