Lowes Movers Coupons

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eversource, the electric company that serves our electricity here in my area and around CT, has some rebate going on. I think it's $100, plus some $25 and another $25 for enrolling in the program mentioned here:

https://www.eversource.com/Content/ct-c/residential/save-money-energy/eversource-smartprep

My house has 2 stats, VERY old, installed when house was built 16 years ago; and I'd like to change them.

The Honeywell 9000 looks nice and has a 7-day program option. But I really do not need wifi, I don't think.

Jim regarding srip heat
Yes
And some stats that can read outside air temperture have a setting that prevents them from coming on above a set temperature. Usually 35 degrees.
Above 35 it is not nessassary for them to come on.
If your heat pump wont heat your house at 35 degrees out side. Get it fixed or it has out lived its advertised life a coulpe of times.

Last edited:
Right. I think the program requires a wifi unit so they can "tap" into your settings and move the temp up/down based on time of the day to save $

What I think you are describing is an energy curtailing stat.
This are typically purchased from your utility co. They can turn you down if they predict supply shortages or line overload. Saving money is up to your programing.
The privately sod units ( nest ) use wi fi to track your habbits to better market more pointless crap to you.

Jim regarding srip heat
Yes
And some stats that can read outside air temperture have a setting that prevents them from coming on above a set temperature. Usually 35 degrees.
Above 35 it is not nessassary for them to come on.
If your heat pump wont heat your house at 35 degrees out side. Get it fixed or it has out lived its advertised life a coulpe of times.

Thanks! We have two heat pumps. One for upstairs and the other for the main level and basement. The oldest one is about 5 years old. The other, we put in about two years ago, after we moved in. I think the therm on the older one is wonky - system seems to run a lot, and I noticed that when using my Thermapen, it registers 4-6 degrees lower than the therm shows. I haven't calibrated it in a long time, but I trust my Thermapen. Not sure about the thermostat.

Dont be to concearned about the numbers. The stat may have an off set theatvcan be adjusted. Mine is off a little yo trick my wife. Makes her think shes warmer.
What stat types do you have. Jim

The Honeywell 9000 looks nice and has a 7-day program option. But I really do not need wifi, I don't think.

Nothing fancy, just a non-WiFi programmable, but I was really pleased with this purchase: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D16HAFW

61iHzP0fOzL._AC_UL115_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont be to concearned about the numbers. The stat may have an off set theatvcan be adjusted. Mine is off a little yo trick my wife. Makes her think shes warmer.
What stat types do you have. Jim

They are Carrier. Both are the same. Only difference I've seen is the one on the main level tells me the outside temp and the upstairs one doesn't. Otherwise, they appear to be identical.

IMG_5169.jpg

They are Carrier. Both are the same. Only difference I've seen is the one on the main level tells me the outside temp and the upstairs one doesn't. Otherwise, they appear to be identical.

All hail boatboy24
My favorite thermostat ever made.
That stat has offset so you can dial in temp to match another thermometer
And can set electric strip lock out. And I can talk you through it .

That is a modern stat compared to mine...I'm embarrassed....:re

All hail boatboy24
My favorite thermostat ever made.
That stat has offset so you can dial in temp to match another thermometer
And can set electric strip lock out. And I can talk you through it .

After all this, turns out my system isn't even compatible w/ Ecobee or NEST (didn't want the nest anyway). :ft

Isn't offset just the equivalent of turning the heat up? Only it'll display a different temp?

Latest posts

Back