WineXpert Lost K-meta and other stuff from a kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moldworp

Junior
Reaction score
So I started a kit and I'm at the point I would add k meta or other stuff and just can't seem to find the packets of it.

Does anyone know the measurements of all the chemicals and such that are added to wine expert kits? Planning to just buy up the stuff from Midwest or something.

Thank yall!

I'm going to assume you can't find any of the packets at all.
1/4 tsp of potassium metabisulfite
3 tablespoons of potassium sorbate (if this is a dry wine, this is not technically required to be added)
READ BELOW THIS IS PROBABLY THE WRONG MEASUREMENT.

1 package of Dual-Fine (also called Super-Kleer)

If you bulk age over 3 months, 1/4 tsp of potassium metabisulfite every three months.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume you can't find any of the packets at all.
1/4 tsp of potassium metabisulfite
3 tablespoons of potassium sorbate (if this is a dry wine, this is not technically required to be added)

1 package of Dual-Fine (also called Super-Kleer)

If you bulk age over 3 months, 1/4 tsp of potassium metabisulfite every three months.
Thank you so much!!!

Craig, are you sure about 3 tablespoons? The dosage on my packet is 1/2 tsp per gallon, which is 3 tsp in 6 gallons.

No, I'm not sure now that you said that. I wasn't looking at my package and went from my memory, which is probably addled. bottom line, don't believe what the guy playing with his grandson, while typing on his tablet says, but read the directions that come with whatever Potassium Sorbate you buy. Thanks for catching my error (and I think you are correct 3 TSP, which is 1 Tablespoon).

@cmason1957, between us, we figured it out!

Craig's point is critical -- ALWAYS read the package, as different vendors may produce different formulations. And make sure it's what you think it is. I recently mentioned that years ago an acquaintance added 2 or 3 tsp of acid blend to a wine, but he didn't read the label and it was actually K-meta ....

I believe FWK does include acid blend in the packet A
At one point Matteo stated that Packet A balances acid. Unfortunately, each concentrate is different so there's no way to determine what the amount of acid is included in any kit.

Call LabelPeelers and ask. They may have a sheet that says how much, or may refer the matter back to FWK.

Back