Looky what showed up for Father's Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FABulousWines

Le Vigneron Heureux
Reaction score
Also got a $50 gift cert to the LHBS! Yeah, my peeps support my hobby!

PortFloorCorker.jpg

I may have a batch ready for bottling this weekend...

If you've ever used a two handled corker, you are going to absolutely love this thing. And if you haven't used the two handled corker, you're going to love this anyway.

i agree i bought and used this for the first time last week and i couldn't believe how much easier it was than the two handled corker...
congrats! and happy fathers day

Thanks all. I do have the two lever corker and while it does work fine, I am really looking forward to never using it again, LOL. My biggest fear with the hand corker is some dumb clumsy move on my part with wine all over the kitchen floor. I've seen the floor corker demoed at the LHBS and it was love at first sight. I guess I dropped enough hints!

I may attach it to a board or put some sort of rubber stoppers on the feet to keep it from digging into the floor and adding a little more stability...

FABulousWines said:
Thanks all. I do have the two lever corker and while it does work fine, I am really looking forward to never using it again, LOL. My biggest fear with the hand corker is some dumb clumsy move on my part with wine all over the kitchen floor. I've seen the floor corker demoed at the LHBS and it was love at first sight. I guess I dropped enough hints!

I may attach it to a board or put some sort of rubber stoppers on the feet to keep it from digging into the floor and adding a little more stability...

When I got mine, I did attach it to a board approx. 2' x 3'. What a major upgrade over the struggles I endured with the 2-handed corker! Also, when finished, I put a small garbage bag over it to protect from dust, etc. Good luck and enjoy!!!!!

Joe R.

Thanks Joe. Garbage bag is a good idea; I may have to stash this in the garage until needed.

Hmm, garbage bag over the corker. Think he has seen my wine room. Thanks for the tip, never would of thought of it. Arne.

FABulousWines said:
Thanks Joe. Garbage bag is a good idea; I may have to stash this in the garage until needed.

Nice gift. I cover my bottling tree as well. My wine making / laundry room is VERY dusty.

Thanks guys. Yeah, this is the first hobby I have ever had with so much family support :h

Latest posts

Back