looking to buy a bladder press. worth the $ vs wood? and crusher question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimTheWiner

Begintner
Reaction score
So I know this type of thread probably comes up quite often, but I am thinking of getting a bladder press this weekend. I know they are not cheap at $1,080 but I am really intrigued by the speed of use, efficiency, and would seem easier to clean. I currently have only been doing kits for 3 years, and would only be making about 5-8 batches per year, but at least I'll have it for if/when my vines are mature in 3 years (120 vines or approx 10 six gallon batches). I have seen a wooden press and crusher on CL for only $400, but it just seems like a more romantic idea and more involved to use/clean? As far as a crusher/destemmer I was looking at a painted one for $350, but have seen some that work for fruit as well. I mostly want to do grapes/blueberries/raspberries which I assume would be fine with a regular crusher/destemmer but what about like peaches?

Bladder presses are fastr and more efficient extracting more juice quicker. Cleanup for the small ones is about the same as a ratchet press. I got a 250 liter bladder press last year and it is so much easier than the #45 ratchet press I have. The extra money is worth it.

The painted crusher destemmer would be fine for everything except the peaches unless you pit them first. All you do is take the destemming screen out for other fruits than grapes.

Latest posts

Back