Looking for Sources of Concentrated Chilean Juices Already Blended

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryF

Reaction score
I am looking to find out if anyone knows of a sources (or sources) where I could get some Chilean juices done up in a blend that I want to experiment with. A concentrate would be good but I suppose a juice pail would do too (just have to be careful of shipping costs if comes from outside Canada - hmmm, probably not any cheaper from within Canada either). I posted a comment in the thread for the Chilean winemaking class referencing my desire to try to replicate a Chilean Red (called Epica). Lots of research and helpful comments from other readers, I have decided on a blend of 75% cabernet sauvignon, 12.5% carmenere and 12.5% syrah that would get me as close as I could ever hope to be (impossible to duplicate anyway). Does anyone have any idea where I could source something like this? I know there's an outfit in California that "may" be able to prepare this custom blend for me but not absolutely sure and for certain, getting something from California up here to Ontario Canada would be far too expensive for shipping, let alone the cost of the blend itself . Jerry :dg

Jerry I understand what you're trying to do but not sure if you want someone to do it for you or do it yourself. Do it yourself is my opinion. Your 75/12.5/12.5 blend is only a reference not a sure thing. You can hardly ever duplicate a recipe and get the exact same results. Sugar, acid, color and taste change every year based off the climate of the growing season in addition to when and where the grapes were sourced from.

My suggestion for you would be to get a few bottles of this wine and a pail of each of the juices. Ferment and age each of them and add the oak of your choice. Now using your reference start doing your bench trails with your purchased bottle as the control your trying to achieve.

Forget about getting your pails in the USA, most of them are processed in Canada first. There is a major player not too far from the Wellan Canal if you're near there.

Dan .... thanks, I thought as much. How you describe doing it is of course the way I first thought was the most realistic, just looking to see if there were a way to get a blend pre-made (I know, I know - - - - the easy way out). I am under no illusions that I will duplicate exactly the commercial one I drank and liked so much. I will just have fun trying and whatever I wind up with, I'm sure will be good. I am in Sault Ste. Marie, quite a ways from Welland but that's not so unreasonable that I couldn't have the pails shipped here. Do you know the name of this player? There is a good place right here in the Sault that will bring stuff in for me, just a few extra bucks per pail (in the range of $68 per pail). I will check there too to see if they even have access to these varieties (the cabernet for sure, don't know about the others). Jerry :dg

Latest posts

Back