looking for recipe for Morelle de Balbis AKA Litchi Tomato

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex

Junior
Reaction score
Mother Earth News just had an artical about Litchi tomato's or Morelle de Balbis. A thorny cherry tasting fruit. It said that people make wine out of it. I figured I would try it. Instead of waiting years for a cherry tree to grow I figure I can grow enouph of these in a season to make some cherry testing wine. The only problem is I can't find a recipe. Does anyone have a recipe for Morelle de Balbis or Litchi Tomato's?

Welcome to the forum, Rex.
I am not familiar with tomato wine, but I did notice there are links to tomato wine threads at the bottom of this page. I followed some of them and it looks like mixed reviews are the norm. Maybe Allie or one of the others will jump in with a good recipe in a short.
If all else fails make a juice and mix with vodka and Worcestershire Sauce.

:)

Welcome to the forum, Rex.
I am not familiar with tomato wine, but I did notice there are links to tomato wine threads at the bottom of this page. I followed some of them and it looks like mixed reviews are the norm. Maybe Allie or one of the others will jump in with a good recipe in a short.
If all else fails make a juice and mix with vodka and Worcestershire Sauce.

:)

Thanks for the welcome hillbilly. I have tomato wine recipes but the problem with them is that Morelle de Balbis isin't a tomato. It does look like a cherry tomato thus the nick name litchi tomato.

tried to post the link to mother earth news but the site will not let me, google litchi tomato wine and it will be the first one that pops up.

Thanks for the welcome hillbilly. I have tomato wine recipes but the problem with them is that Morelle de Balbis isin't a tomato. It does look like a cherry tomato thus the nick name litchi tomato.

tried to post the link to mother earth news but the site will not let me, google litchi tomato wine and it will be the first one that pops up.

Oops! :slp

Sorry about that, Rex.
Bill

Never heard of one myself either, sorry. But glad to have you here.

Latest posts

Back