Mosti Mondiale looking for Lambrusco tips

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJBanks

Reaction score
While coming of age in the 70's, I remember Lambrusco being the "it" wine of the times. I couldn't resist picking up the "Wine of the Month" MM Vinifera Noble Lambrusco kit. I do remember the wine being fizzy but not really a sparkling wine.

Question: Do I just NOT degass to keep the co2?....or just degass a little? and if so, will a regular cork hold everything in?

Looking forward to the flash back when it's ready. Any and all tips are appreciated.

Wow, flash back! My wife and I got married in 1978. We had a big and loud Italian wedding. We did the neatest thing . . . we served Cella Lambrusco at the reception instead of Champagne. Got it wholesale from one of my uncles, imagine that. Big big hit with "the family." We still have a bottle of it someone saved for us. It was a screw cap way back then, that was a true indication of quality at the time LOL. Imagine what it tastes like now, we never opened it!

Thanks for the memories and sorry I have no idea how to answer your question. I bet I can guarantee yours will be far better than our 1978 Cella.

Edit:
My wife said you cannot have our bottle for topping up.

"The Family"

Hey Tony, glad to help with the flash back and share the good times...way back when. My first taste of Lambrusco was at an Italian "Family" wedding in Tracy California. That was the drink of the times and man did we all love it. I guess the wife has made up her mind so I won't even ask. I'll have to look for a bottle somewhere.

I guess no one has an answer to my question. I don't imagine it's been a big seller, that's why it is/ was on special. Thanks George.......Hey it's worth it just for the memory even if it doesn't turn out.

Have fun.....we're off to hawaii.

well, first, have fun in hawaii!!!
my first kit is a suncal lambrusco, also "economical". i think it has turned out good...the advice on the forum is helping me make it better!
i have thoroughly degassed it and added oak. it may only resemble the fizzy wine of the 70's, but it's had rave reviews by friends who like dry oaky reds.

Wow, flash back! My wife and I got married in 1978. We had a big and loud Italian wedding. We did the neatest thing . . . we served Cella Lambrusco at the reception instead of Champagne. Got it wholesale from one of my uncles, imagine that. Big big hit with "the family." We still have a bottle of it someone saved for us. It was a screw cap way back then, that was a true indication of quality at the time LOL. Imagine what it tastes like now, we never opened it! Thanks for the memories and sorry I have no idea how to answer your question. I bet I can guarantee yours will be far better than our 1978 Cella. Hey Tony, glad to help with the flash back and share the good times...way back when. My first taste of Lambrusco was at an Italian "Family" wedding in Tracy California. That was the drink of the times and man did we all love it. I guess the wife has made up her mind so I won't even ask. I'll have to look for a bottle somewhere.

My first wine was also Suncal Lambrussco about 3 years ago and it turned out pretty darn good, but did not compare to the Cella brand that my wife buys from the local liquor store. It has the screw cap and a small amount of fizz. Would do it again if I knew how to do the fizz. Wish I could help. Loren

Latest posts

Back