Looking for great books on viticulture

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desolus

Junior
Reaction score
I am an avid homebrewer, I brew many different kinds of booze and always have several somethings bubbling away in the brew closet. Technical books on homebrewing have always been of great use to me, the concentrated information, and the specificity of that information has been very helpful.

So I am looking to start a greenhouse full of fermentables, and grapes are probably going to take up the majority of the space. The thing is, I need to know everything there is to know about grape biology, how different conditions effect the grape chemistry, trigger flowering, effect fruit body sizes, etc. I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.

I would try to Google for texts probably Amazon. try UC Davis web site they may have threads to proper texts as they teach it for a degree there.

As a brewer myself it seems like beer is more of an 'industry' and devotes more resources to research than does wine. At least in the publication end of it.

Latest posts

Back