Looking for an apricot recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made an apricot wine, and Holy-Moly the sediment! I lost, like half of my volume (ok, maybe a third!), and added apple juice to compensate. I call it apple-apricot, it's still aging from Feb., but I'm hopeful.
When are you going to taste it? I would like to know about your wine:)

Last edited:
I just racked it and tried a very small amount, it was very tart. I looked over my notes when adding to them, and it turns out that I added a White Grape - Ginger wine, as the lees were so plentiful. The wine was what I had available, adding plain apple juice would have lowered the ABV. too much. So mine is a very adulterated batch, and will definitely not be representative of apricot wine in general. It's a one gallon batch, and I'm just playing now. I wonder what I'll get when I sweeten it! I had so many problems with this, and I don't think I will ever do it again.

%13,58 alc.

Attachments

• 8BC48BB3-B854-40DE-AA01-EDFE50F95152.jpeg
    8BC48BB3-B854-40DE-AA01-EDFE50F95152.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 28
I have six gallons of apricot/peach wine settling now it takes forever to clear but after a small sample it's not too bad... I will add about 2 cups of simple syrup and it should be drinkable by me and my family who like it both dry and sweet so I shoot for the center.
Here is my recipe below hope it helps.

23 3/4 pounds of thawed peaches and apricots in a stainless steel fermentor.

4 Gallons Aldi's drinking water

12 pounds of white sugar

6 teaspoons acid blend

15 teaspoons pectin enzyme

3 teaspoons tannin

5 teaspoons yeast energizer

6 crushed campden tablets

Latest posts

Back