Long Term Storage Temps?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDRAutoworks

Reaction score
I recently added another fridge to my collection.... I needed the top (freezer) to store some meat in. Now I have the bottom (fridge) and nothing to fill it with so I was thinking wine storage. What would be the coldest temp I could age/store wine long term at?

I'm guessing they are in bottles. I would not go below 55* for whites (really to cold) which is very high for a fridge. Any lower will be way to cold to serve. Reds @ 65*
If you do that I would let the wine stay @ room temp for 30 min before serving.

I can do the 55* temp I think but no higher, I am honestly thinking 50* is going to be the max in order to keep the freezer cold. I understand the to cold to drink thing there would be no problem leaving them out for some time before drinking.

I can do the 55* temp I think but no higher, I am honestly thinking 50* is going to be the max in order to keep the freezer cold. I understand the to cold to drink thing there would be no problem leaving them out for some time before drinking.

you should be ok. the wine will probably age slower at such a low temp. not sure about the aging thing though. might want to tip over before serving.

Just keep an eye on the corks as most fridges like these have pretty high humidity.

Latest posts

Back