LONG night of winemaking!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you end up in our neck of the woods we'll be sure to help you feel welcomed. If you come to North Dakota, as the title of the book goes, "Bring Warm Clothes."
smiley5.gif

Martina,

Good luck on the exam. I just hope we can keep you here in Ohio, even thought it is up north. Would be nice to see you get something here in the Dayton/Cincy area. At least we could exchange wines every now and again. Keep us posted on your progress.

Good luck Martina, I hope you get a nice place for your residency! If you do end up in P.R. just think of all the new and interesting tropical flowers you'll have to experiment with.

Pete

PolishWineP said:
If you end up in our neck of the woods we'll be sure to help you feel welcomed. If you come to North Dakota, as the title of the book goes, "Bring Warm Clothes."
smiley5.gif

Hahahha, that should be no problem!

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I have applied to many programs in Ohio - we are blessed with having so many great teaching hospitals for such a little state.

I'd be thrilled to go anywhere, really. :)

Good luck Martina!!! I'm sure all your hard work will pay off with very high scores!!!! May the exam gods be with you!!!!!

Martina....Hope your exams and transitions go smoothly...life is full of surprises...hope all of yours are good ones...
smiley1.gif

Thanks eveyone, just getting all nervous right now. :) And this is only the beginning.

Thanks again for your kind words!

I will report back next week.

M.

You'll have no problem at all! Just hope you can find a nice place big enough to hold all your wines. Maybe you better get 2 places.
smiley36.gif

Well, I finally got around to sort of go through the list for everyone. Some are listed twice, because I've applied to IM programs and Transitional programs. I took the Radiology ones out because basically I've applied where I also applied to IM/TY.

So far, this is what I've got. I'll try to keep it up-to-date, so you guys know....

Just because there's nothing afterwards, doesn't mean I'm still in the running, unfortunately. A lot of programs don't even bother to send a rejection letter.
sad.gif

Well, here it goes:

Exempla St Joseph Hospital Program, Denver, CO
University of Colorado Program, Denver, CO
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Program, Iowa City, IA
University of Washington at VAMC (Boise) Preliminary Program, Boise, ID
Henry Ford Hospital Program, Detroit, MI On hold
St John Hospital and Medical Center Program, Detroit, MI
Forest Park Hospital Program, St Louis, MO
St Louis University Group of Hospitals Program, St Louis, MO
St Luke's Hospital Program, St Louis, MO
St Mary's Health Center Program, St Louis, MO
Washington University/B-JH/SLCH Consortium Program, St Louis, MO
Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Long Island Jewish Medical Center Preliminary Program, New Hyde Park, NY
Akron General Medical Center/NEOUCOM Program, Akron, OH
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
Case Western Reserve University (MetroHealth) Preliminary Program, Cleveland, OH
<STRIKE>Case Western Reserve University (St Vincent Charity Hospital/St Luke's Medical Center) Program, Cleveland, OH </STRIKE>REJECTED &amp; DEJECTED
Cleveland Clinic Foundation Program, Cleveland, OH
Good Samaritan Hospital Program, Cincinnati, OH
<STRIKE>Huron Hospital Program, East Cleveland, OH </STRIKE>REJECTED &amp; DEJECTED
Internal Medicine Residency Program, Cleveland, OH
Medical University of Ohio Program, Toledo, OH
Ohio State University Internal Medicine Program, Columbus, OH
Summa Health System (Akron City Hospital)/NEOUCOM Program, Akron, OH
University Hospital/University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Program, Cincinnati, OH
Western Reserve Care System/NEOUCOM Program, Youngstown, OH
Allegheny General Hospital Program, Pittsburgh, PA
<STRIKE>UPMC - Medical Education Program, Pittsburgh, PA </STRIKE>REJECTED &amp; DEJECTED
Internal Medicine Residency Program, Salt Lake City, UT On hold
Carilion Health System Internal Medicine Residency, Roanoke, VA
Eastern Virginia Medical School Program, Norfolk, VA
Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University Program, Richmond, VA
University of Virginia Program, Charlottesville, VA
University of Washington Program, Seattle, WA On hold
Marshall University School of Medicine Program, Huntington, WV
<STRIKE>Birmingham Baptist Medical Centers Program, Birmingham, AL</STRIKE> REJECTED &amp; DEJECTED
Carraway Methodist Medical Center Program, Birmingham, AL
HealthONE Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center Program, Denver, CO
<STRIKE>Broadlawns Medical Center Program, Des Moines, IA </STRIKE>REJECTED &amp; DEJECTED
Iowa Methodist Medical Center Program, Des Moines, IA
Ball Memorial Hospital Program, Muncie, IN
Indiana University School of Medicine (Methodist) Program, Indianapolis, IN
St Vincent Hospital and Health Care Center Program, Indianapolis, IN
Henry Ford Hospital Program, Detroit, MI On hold
St John Hospital and Medical Center Program, Detroit, MI
Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center Program, Detroit, MI
<STRIKE>Hennepin County Medical Center Program, Minneapolis, MN </STRIKE>REJECTED &amp; DEJECTED
Forest Park Hospital Program, St Louis, MO
St John's Mercy Medical Center Program, St Louis, MO
University of North Dakota Program, Fargo, ND
Akron General Medical Center/NEOUCOM Program, Akron, OH
Aultman Hospital/NEOUCOM Program, Canton, OH
Kettering Medical Center Program, Kettering, OH
Mercy Health Partners Program, Toledo, OH
Mount Carmel Program, Columbus, OH
Riverside Methodist Hospital Program, Columbus, OH
St. Elizabeth Heath Center Program, Youngstown, OH
Summa Health System (Akron City Hospital)/NEOUCOM Program, Akron, OH
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh Program, Pittsburgh, PA
The Western Pennsylvania Hospital Program, Pittsburgh, PA
<STRIKE>UPMC - Medical Education Program, Pittsburgh, PA </STRIKE>REJECTED &amp; DEJECTED
Hospital Episcopal San Lucas/Ponce School of Medicine Program, Ponce, PR
Sanford School of Medicine of University of SD Residency Program, Sioux Falls, SD
John Peter Smith Hospital (Tarrant County Hospital District) Program, Fort Worth, TX
The Methodist Hospital (Houston), Houston, TX
UTMB Austin, Austin, TX
Carilion Health System Program, Roanoke, VA
Riverside Regional Medical Center Program, Newport News, VA
West Virginia University Program, Morgantown, WV
Emory University, Atlanta, GA On hold
The Medical Center Program, Columbus, GA
Christiana Care Health Services Program, Newark, DE
Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital Program, Johnstown, PA
St Barnabas Medical Center Program, Livingston, NJ
Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies/Michigan State University Program, Kalamazoo, MI
Hurley Medical Center/Michigan State University Program, Flint, MI
Grand Rapids Medical Education &amp; Research Center for Health Professions Program, Grand Rapids, MI

Martina -- good luck with whatever comes your way. The University of Washington programs are said to be excellent -- I notice one in Seattle and at Boise -- both great places to live (think of all those Washington wines!) (My daughter is thinking about medicene and UW is the med school for all kids from Washington, Alaska, Idaho and Montana)

And I know the St. Louis U (pronounced "Slew") and Wash U programs in St. Louis are said to be excellent too -- at least they were several years ago.

You know what will happen, don't you? You'll sweat this all out, then you'll get two GREAT opportunities,maybe evenTHREE -- and THEN you will REALLY have a problem!
smiley36.gif

Best of luck

Dave

Nothing in North Carolina?
smiley19.gif
Duke? Wake Forest? Baptist? Moses Cone? With the research park being developed right here in Winston Salem, which when complete will be the largest of it's kind in the world, I would think this would be a prime area for you. And if you hurry.................... You could catch the end of the muscadines and scuppernoggs....... The best time to get them if ya ask me.... But good luck to you in whatever you decide, and where ever you have to end up. But where ever it is, I hope they have good soil for your plants. I'd love to see ya explain to the movers why you "MUST" take that dump truck load of dirt
smiley36.gif

Hahaha, thanks guys. Sorry I've been away for a while. Life has gotten quite hectic around here. Unfortunately, no interviews. I'm freaking out, but at least I'm keeping busy. THe game's not over yet.

Dave, tell your daughter to REALLY think long and hard about going into medicine. You have to be 200% sure that you want to do it before you go into it, otherwise, you'll not stick with it. I was 400% sure when I started, and I'm dwindling down my percentages rapidly. I love medicine, and I think it's a great field, but it certainly can make you a basket case.

NC --&gt; everyone wants to go. I am not competitive enough to make it there. Duke didn't want me for undergrad (only place other than Wm. &amp; Mary that rejected me), so I am now refusing them. Sorry. ;) I am applying to almost everywhere that is reasonable for me. However, if I don't get an interview by November 1, I'm starting to officially panic and will also apply for.... gulp..... psychiatry.

Anyway, I appreciate all your support in this ongoing battle for me, and I wanted to explain myself a little about the whole process. It's so nerve-wracking and my poor family is really sweet for putting up with my tenseness. I've been likened to a ticking time-bomb that can go off at any minute. I am a very temperamentful girl, and it's just not a great time. Thank goodness for wine.
smiley36.gif

My sister also opened up a new business about 2 weeks ago: A super-fancy dog resort. http://www.ultimuttinn.com (I designed the website!) If ever you are in the area with your dog, feel free to send your dog on vacation as well.
smiley2.gif

This summer I also took the bull by the horns, and am now working with a publisher on a new medical review book. Can you believe it -- not good enough to get an interview, but I'll be a published medical author!!!

We are supposed to get the "s" word on friday, so I will be picking those mums like crazy tomorrow. :)

Thanks guys, you are the greatest!

M.

on open house, we joked with the kids and told them that the UltiMutt Inn also takes children for the weekend. Provided they do some cleanup. ;)

A lot of them looked at their moms in disbelief, and some of the parents even played along with it. There are twin-beds there too, so if you aren't bigger than a Newfoundland dog, I think you'll fit. :)

Provided you clean up.

smiley2.gif

Long night revisited....

:)

Chickweed is bottled, so is dandelion and mum mix (way long overdue - has been bulk aging since ... who knows?)...

Tomorrow I think I'm going to tackle basil-dill and red-clover/elderberry...

Those are each 5 gallons.

Last week I started a chocolate mint wine again, and a pumpkin.

:)

Latest posts

Back