WineXpert Lodi Cabernet or Stags Leap Merlot???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francie

Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone can compare these two kits? I am really wanting to try both, but can only afford one at the moment. I am sure down the road I will make the other!! Thank you for your input. I do enjoy all reds so I do not have a preference. I do enjoy a big wine with food, but also a lighter red for drinking pleasure!!

Thanks!

Francie

They are both so wonderful. I don't believe I could choose a favorite. I guess it would have to come down to whether you prefer a Merlot or a Cabernet. Either way you won't go wrong with either of these kits!!

Decisions, decisions. You could always flip a coin...
smiley5.gif

I just bottled a Stags Leap Merlot, and it was pretty good at Bottling.

The only Lodi anything that I have done was the Lodi, Old Vines Zin, that is absolutely wonderful after a year or so of aging.

But I agree with Lenore, It's up to personal taste............. Or a quarter like PWP said.
smiley36.gif

I have done 6 different Eclipse kits. I have the LE Grand Tuscan and Cab in Carboys about 1 year old. I have bottled the Zinfandel, Neb, Forsa (LE) and the Shiraz.
They are all really good but the Zin is our favourite so far.
I was making pretty well entirely Special Editions. While the whole point is to have unique region specific wines I was focusing on Cab blends and the kits didn't have that much diversity. Now I am trying to get a collection with diversity but am still sticking with big flavourful reds.
Guess I should try the Eclipse merlot. I steered away from Merlot based on cheaper kits favouring Cab blends however I never had a "bad" merlot kit and the Eclipse merlot appear to be quite special from all your comments.

Back